Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > Classic Mustangs (Tech)
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 05-30-2011, 11:25 AM   #1
magiusavvail
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1966, Ford, Mustang
Send a message via AIM to magiusavvail Send a message via Yahoo to magiusavvail
Default 200ci, how much oil?

Bickety bam. Question given, answer awaits.
200ci, it was bored out (not sure how much). How many quarts of oil should I run out and get?
I've been using 5 quarts, but someone said that was too much and now it has me all kinds of confused.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

My Baby:
1966 Mustang, Automatic, Inline 6
Bought, not built - 9k, on August 22, 05
"She's my time machine, She's my rolling memory,
She's my family, And I love her so.
Every mile's another song." - (Five for Fighting - 65 Mustang)
magiusavvail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 11:33 AM   #2
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Vehicle: 2003 GT
jake03gt

I think I used a little over 4
Old 05-30-2011, 11:39 AM   #3
67t5ponycoupe
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 1967 GT Coupe

I have always used 4.5 quarts. If you change the filter with the oil change then 4.5 should be about right. After running the car with 4 quarts in it, to fill the filter, add the last 1/2 a quart until it comes up the the full line on the dip stick.
67t5ponycoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 05:24 PM   #4
magiusavvail
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 1966, Ford, Mustang
Send a message via AIM to magiusavvail Send a message via Yahoo to magiusavvail

Awesome, thanks guys.

My Baby:
1966 Mustang, Automatic, Inline 6
Bought, not built - 9k, on August 22, 05
"She's my time machine, She's my rolling memory,
She's my family, And I love her so.
Every mile's another song." - (Five for Fighting - 65 Mustang)
magiusavvail is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2011, 07:23 PM   #5
Tilley
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1965 Ford Mustang

Quote:
Originally Posted by 67t5ponycoupe View Post
I have always used 4.5 quarts. If you change the filter with the oil change then 4.5 should be about right. After running the car with 4 quarts in it, to fill the filter, add the last 1/2 a quart until it comes up the the full line on the dip stick.
Same here, I use 4 1/2 quarts with the new oil filter.
Old 01-31-2013, 08:08 PM   #6
Jason Blevins

Default 67Mustang 2006 cyc. Amount, Types, Additives of Oil

I bought and Competely Rebuilt Orginal 200ci Engine... I put many $1,000's doing it to keep it all Orginal!!! I reused oildip stick, engine bock orginal... wish, Iwoud had repaced dipstick...it has the Ford stamp on it, but Read's way over full with 5qts...Was told by man that did rebuild(who has been/only restores 64 1/2-67), that 67' Mustang 200 takes 5qts(with oil filter)and said I had wrong dipsick! I have heard the 67Mustang 200 6cyc., takes 4-5qts with filter change... so WHAT IS IT, Does Anyone Really Know??? Told 5qts!!! just changed fuelpump,fuelfilter, hose's, Motorcraft spark plugs(.035 gap), Oil(Kendall)/Filter(M.C.FL1-A)...(put 4.5qts and Zinc, was told the 200 6cyc. Flattop needs Zinc???) I use Kedall Titium 10w40($5 a qt.), Is there another/cheaper Good oil to run in 6cyc Flattop??? I aslo put 6 into 2 Hooker Header and Dual Exaust, SoundslikeV-8, saves Gas & Insurance!!!
Jason Blevins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2013, 08:14 PM   #7
Jason Blevins

Default 67Mustang 2006 cyc. Amount, Types, Additives of Oil

I bought and Competely Rebuilt Orginal 200ci Engine... I put many $1,000's doing it to keep it all Orginal!!! I reused oildip stick, engine bock orginal... wish, Iwoud had repaced dipstick...it has the Ford stamp on it, but Read's way over full with 5qts...Was told by man that did rebuild(who has been/only restores 64 1/2-67), that 67' Mustang 200 takes 5qts(with oil filter)and said I had wrong dipsick! I have heard the 67Mustang 200 6cyc., takes 4-5qts with filter change... so WHAT IS IT, Does Anyone Really Know??? Told 5qts!!! just changed fuelpump,fuelfilter, hose's, Motorcraft spark plugs(.035 gap), Oil(Kendall)/Filter(M.C.FL1-A)...(put 4.5qts and Zinc, was told the 200 6cyc. Flattop needs Zinc???) I use Kedall Titium 10w40($5 a qt.), Is there another/cheaper Good oil to run in 6cyc Flattop??? I aslo put 6 into 2 Hooker Header and Dual Exaust, SoundslikeV-8, saves Gas & Insurance!!!
Old 02-01-2013, 04:36 PM   #8
120mm
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 1967 Mustang Convertible

I drove an I6 200 for years and years and it always took 4 quarts.

Whoever told you 5 quarts is all sorts of jacked up. So you trust this "fine individual" to rebuild your engine?
120mm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2013, 07:07 PM   #9
Jason Blevins

Unhappy reply-amount of oil in 67 Mustang 200 ci 6cylinder

Well, after days of reacerch and even calling Ford...which couldn't say for sure, the amout of Oil...But said they thought it was 5qts...So I called several mustang parts stores and had them measure new dipsticks, for 67 mustang 200ci...It measures 10" from the bottom of the bell to top of the full line and 11 1/2" to bottem of stick!!! Checked mine it was 10-10 1/8" from bottom of bell to top of full!!! So he was Wrong about 5qts in 67 200! Its reading about 1/8-1/4 inch above full line with total of 4.5qts...will likely drain about a half qt...then red stick!!! I did trust guy, he can Highly recommended...He worked on only 64-67 for 20 years...but don't think he has rebuilt, alot of 6cyclinders! Don't know if Ford has Misinformation? I only have 33k on a TOTAL Rebuild...and have had oil fould plugs, just blew/replace fuel pump and just changed oil, put 4.5qts in this time...but plan on draining about 1/2 qt., I not sure if permament damge to engine, after running 5qts for 1st 33k??? I hope this helps others , I know I'm frustrated over this!!! Right after Engine Rebuild, Mechanic who did the work...put 5qts in it, checked oil dipstick and it read like 3/4inch over fill line and told me my dipstick was wrong dipstick...said it takes 5qts!!! I plan on calling him tommorrow, but no sure what he can/or will do??? It cost like $3,700 to Rebuildand was planning on it Lasting atlest 200k...hope it not too late, permanent damage??? Cause, I'm in a TOUGH Financal Situation!!! Thanks!
Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 PM   #10
1slow67
ROTM Moderator

Vehicle: 2003 GT
jake03gt

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jason Blevins View Post
It cost like $3,700 to Rebuildand was planning on it Lasting atlest 200k..
Ouch I paid maybe half that for a complete 302 swap
Old 02-01-2013, 08:01 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
200, 65, 66, 67, capacity, ci, cylinder, grade, i6, inline, liters, mustand, mustang, oil, quarts