Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Finally made my decision and brought home my 67!

Search this Thread

Old 12-16-2011, 12:13 AM
oxfordbp
3rd Gear Member

Ya its chilly but im in Ca so maybe low 50 high 40f. Im going to do some more investigating tomorrow.

What do you guys think about getting an edelbrock rpm air gap 4bbl manifold and a matching 600cfm edelbrock for this?
Old 12-16-2011, 12:28 AM
blue 67 coupe
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by oxfordbp
What do you guys think about getting an edelbrock rpm air gap 4bbl manifold and a matching 600cfm edelbrock for this?
That is the exact setup I am running and am really pleased with it.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:32 AM
oxfordbp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by blue 67 coupe
That is the exact setup I am running and am really pleased with it.
Awsome! Which carb did you use? did you install a new cam also? Im thinking of doing the rpm cam at the same time!

Cam, intake, carb, might take the head off for a porting and heavier springs for the cam.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:44 AM
blue 67 coupe
2nd Gear Member

It was an edelbrock 600cfm electric choke carb. With an edelbrock rpm air gap intake. Unfortunately I didn't do the cam at the same time. I still want one but one of the shops I called wanted to do quite a few other things for preventative maintenance and I decided I would just stick with what I have.
Old 12-16-2011, 12:51 AM
oxfordbp
3rd Gear Member

It was an edelbrock 600cfm electric choke carb. With an edelbrock rpm air gap intake. Unfortunately I didn't do the cam at the same time. I still want one but one of the shops I called wanted to do quite a few other things for preventative maintenance and I decided I would just stick with what I have.
Cool, where do you hook the electric choke to? Mine is hooked to a brass rod attached to the headers...lol

For a cam as mild as the RPM cam, I wouldnt think you need to upgrade too many things, mainly the stock valve springs. But while the heads are apart might as well open up the ports!
Old 12-16-2011, 12:57 AM
blue 67 coupe
2nd Gear Member

I actually don't remember what the choke is connected to. It was mainly the cam I had wanted is the reason. I wanted one with a decent lift and everything for the nice loppy sound.
Old 12-16-2011, 01:01 AM
oxfordbp
3rd Gear Member

I actually don't remember what the choke is connected to. It was mainly the cam I had wanted is the reason. I wanted one with a decent lift and everything for the nice loppy sound.
Gotta love the loping!
Old 12-16-2011, 08:23 AM
bluemustang1966
1st Gear Member

When was the last time it was started? If it sat for a long time there is a lot of stuff it'll burn off before it stops. When I started mine this past summer it was the first time in 15 years or so it had been run. Smoked for about 10 minutes before it let up.
Old 12-16-2011, 02:08 PM
oxfordbp
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by bluemustang1966
When was the last time it was started? If it sat for a long time there is a lot of stuff it'll burn off before it stops. When I started mine this past summer it was the first time in 15 years or so it had been run. Smoked for about 10 minutes before it let up.
Im not sure but my guess would be at least a year. Good point about the burn off.
It wasnt smoke though, it was steam, which I know is normal, but he mentioned something about overheating and I want to make sure it didnt blow gaskets or do any internal damage.
Old 12-16-2011, 03:11 PM
oxfordbp
3rd Gear Member

OK! went for a drive around the block and good news bad news...

Shift kit! Possible 9" rear, I dont know how to tell the difference, I will crawl under it to check. no air bubbles out of radiator , steam gone.

Brakes need rebuilding, steering squeels, (easy fix), front end feels very loose.

All in all Im pleased that I was able to drive it!!!!

Quick Reply: Finally made my decision and brought home my 67!