Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

latest project

Search this Thread

Old 02-18-2012, 08:02 AM
VeroWing

Default latest project

Just brought home another 1967 project, or at least a part of one. This is an original 1967 V8 4spd fastback that was stripped down and placed on rotisserie, and never went further than that for many years, until I saw it for sale on craigslist. I was a little scared at the amount of work that will be needed initially, but I always wanted a '67-68 fastback. It actually will work well for me, because I have a '67 coupe with rebuilt engine, new floors, etc, that is all good, with the exception of having a severely rusted roof from having a vinyl top on it. I plan on using the coupe components on the fastback.

Fastback came with much interior, all glass, exterior trim, two nice fenders, rough doors, new replacement radiator support & framerails, as well as assorted patch panels. Also came with the rotisserie. Body appears to never been hit, at least as far as I can tell, and even looks to have original factory paint. Quarters have some rust near bottoms, but came with patch panels, and rockers are solid. Everything needed in parts will come from coupe, so I won't have to buy too many more parts to get put together, hopefully.

Drivers door still has vintag on it, so I'm going to send it to marti and see how car was originally equipped. Car has what looks to be maybe an original striping at beltline I'm not familiar with. Anyone know about them? Wish me luck, Mike.

Old 02-18-2012, 08:26 AM
NoReins
3rd Gear Member

Nice! Looking forward to watching your build. Marti report should be your best bet on what the car came with etc.
Old 02-18-2012, 07:43 PM
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

Also hope for a clean title, hopefully that was also part of the sale.

James
Old 02-18-2012, 08:01 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

make sure the door tag matches the vin on the fender apron...the door might not be original...
Old 02-19-2012, 03:17 AM
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

oh and 67 Fastbacks = the win!
Old 02-19-2012, 09:21 AM
VeroWing

Originally Posted by musnicki
oh and 67 Fastbacks = the win!
Sure is a nice one that you have!
Old 02-19-2012, 03:05 PM
boogerschnot
5th Gear Member

Thats awesome. You can work on that one and drive the coupe for the a while before making it a donor.
Old 02-19-2012, 08:59 PM
VeroWing

Is anyone familiar with those stripes running along the length of car at top of quarters. I can't find any info on them.

Old 02-20-2012, 05:45 PM
musnicki
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by VeroWing
Is anyone familiar with those stripes running along the length of car at top of quarters. I can't find any info on them.
I think that those were accent stripes. An option in 67. Although yours look thicker than what they originally were suppose to be. I posted a pict.

Old 02-20-2012, 06:41 PM
67t5ponycoupe
5th Gear Member

Those stripes are after market not original.

Quick Reply: latest project