Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

my 66 stang can beat your 66 stang

Search this Thread

Old 09-29-2005, 06:41 PM
6mustang6
5th Gear Member

Default RE: my 66 stang can beat your 66 stang

Well, i believe all the mustangs with a 289 in it to be fast. Thats just my opinion though. Today, my friend told me his uncles 67 stang, with a inline 6 and 3 speed manual can screech the tires going into third. I have seen the car, and it's nice, but i really dont think that it can do that. CAn it?
Old 09-29-2005, 06:51 PM
tylerdru
4th Gear Member

I wouldnt think you could screech the tires going into 3rd on an i6. it doesnt seem like enough paower.
Old 09-29-2005, 07:29 PM
66 Hardtop 5.0
2nd Gear Member

quote: my 66 stang can beat your 66 stang

No it can`t
Well maybe if I stay in 1.gear

Anywho, Welcome to the best Mustang forum out there
Old 09-29-2005, 11:05 PM
6mustang6
5th Gear Member

I i find that real hard to believe. Mine 62 impala with a 400 small block, and turbo 350 automatic transmission could do it. And It's an AUTO.
Old 09-30-2005, 06:40 PM
Fastback Guy
2nd Gear Member

I'm kinda with Soaring. I built my car. It's got kind of a "race-ie look" to it but I couldn't tell you how fast it is because I didn't build it to go fast. I actually built to go slow. Nothing better than cruising at 30 mph with the windows down on a cool night through town. That's the time I enjoy my classic the most. When someone pulls up beside me in anything acting like they want to race, I simply think back to ALL the late nights that I spent working on my car (not to even montion, most are new cars that the owners have NO sweat equity in whatsoever) and that gives me the victory as I watch them speed away into the night.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:01 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Fastback Guy

I'm kinda with Soaring. I built my car. It's got kind of a "race-ie look" to it but I couldn't tell you how fast it is because I didn't build it to go fast. I actually built to go slow. Nothing better than cruising at 30 mph with the windows down on a cool night through town. That's the time I enjoy my classic the most. When someone pulls up beside me in anything acting like they want to race, I simply think back to ALL the late nights that I spent working on my car (not to even montion, most are new cars that the owners have NO sweat equity in whatsoever) and that gives me the victory as I watch them speed away into the night.
Yeah, it's amazing how many punks in their new riced out cars pull up beside me and give me the nod. My old Yeller could not hope to keep up with them, so I just smile and slowly drive forward with a grin on my face knowing I am having more fun driving my old classic than they could ever have with their car that they are probably making huge monthly payments on, and huge monthly insurance payments on it. Dumb kids. Ya' gotta love 'em.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:48 PM
6mustang6
5th Gear Member

I HATE ricers. but you should still rev it up, and yell to them " Thats what a real car sounds like" Espically since you got them RAvins on there. They are loud.
Old 09-30-2005, 07:49 PM
eZ
5th Gear Member

im a dumb 26 year old kid, but i do like to have fun, but i also bring it to the track. both open road course and the 1/4.
Old 10-01-2005, 02:03 AM
longjohn211

im in high school
Old 10-01-2005, 02:59 AM
Frankus

ORIGINAL: 6mustang6

I HATE ricers. but you should still rev it up, and yell to them " Thats what a real car sounds like" Espically since you got them RAvins on there. They are loud.
Thats funny because thats what sparked my interest in working on my 65. Been driving it a couple years, just leaving it as is, but last month I finally had enough of my friends bs about how amazing their ricers are, especially my best friend who has a 92 Honda Prelude. We were leaving the bowling alley when he tells me to hang on as he starts doing laps and donuts around the deserted parking lot (which he thought was amazing because its an FF). Then he started to dis my stang, about it being automatic with a van engine in it (its an HO 302 from an industrial ford econoline so i know better) and its handling sucking because its such an old heavy car.

My mission is simple: clean it up, tune it up, and beat my friends honda prelude. He might be going off to the airforce soon, but Ive caught mustang fever in the midts of my rage. Then I found this place. Now im making money for new (disc) brakes and rims. Man how i wish supercharging my 302 and blowing ricers off the road!

*Adds declaration to signature*

Quick Reply: my 66 stang can beat your 66 stang