Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

alright guys, heres the next car im looking at

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-2013, 10:52 AM
Iskwezm
4th Gear Member

ive been into mustangs for so long i could never see paying over 3k for a coupe. My buddy sold a completely restored 65 shelby clone for 13,000 years back.Im just not used to these prices because people watch a few tv shows and think they have gold.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:05 PM
Waffles
5th Gear Member

I wouldn't pay over $2k for the car you showed.

Try www.searchtempest.com

Compiles all craigslist ads within whatever radius you want. A lot of the deals can be found in the smaller craigslist markets, instead of Detroit Metro I look at the smaller ones too because they don't get as much traffic and you can ****** up some of the stuff early. And people don't see the other ads to think they can get the same crazy prices for their vehicles.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:17 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

I don't know about $2500, but definitely not $8500.

You gotta remember you're getting back into building season (summer fall) People are more likely to jack their perceived value up because of the type of car it is (RWD Muscle/pony car)

For example, you don't go shopping for a vert in Spring or summer, you go shopping in winter.

You don't go 4x4 shopping in winter spring, you go in the summer.
Old 05-20-2013, 02:37 PM
rmodel65
Yukon Cornelius

wanna see a funny ad??

not sure if you guys will be able to see it at this link...i asked if it was 200$

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...type=1&theater
this is the seller if anyone is interested in the car lolol
Old 05-20-2013, 05:38 PM
Daniel Lawrence Miller

ive been using search tempest for a few weeks now but i have yet to see a mustang for a good rice like you all have mentioned.i guess ill keep looking.

i figured a pony that has a good motor and and good interior and just needs minor body work and a paint job was worth about 6k but im obviously wrong.
Old 05-20-2013, 06:33 PM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

I just clicked on the OPs link and that looks like more than a 2500 car to me. Really check it over for rot but if it is indeed solid then put on your joo shoos and beat him down a few grand. I'd consider that to be a fair price.
Old 05-20-2013, 08:28 PM
Stangatic
3rd Gear Member

Yea now thinking of it, I would be hard pressed for offering anything over $3k. Last year I picked up two 67 v8, p/s p/b a/c w/ center and over head consoles for $2800 (for both). It also came with a shed full of part 3 engines and 2 trans. Both cars need new floors and rear qtrs, but the parts alone were worth over $2.8k.

Be patient!
Old 05-20-2013, 09:42 PM
imboden
1st Gear Member

wait! I overpaid for my 67 coupe about a year and 1/2 ago. the supposed "rebuilt" transmission that shifted through all the gears was good for about 500 miles before it died. You never know what will go wrong, and that car also needs paint. here in wa state thats a minimum 5,000.
Old 06-18-2013, 09:59 AM
racer_dave
3rd Gear Member

As others have said, don't be in a hurry. You are shopping at the high price time of the year. People have refund checks to spend, weather is nice and classics can be driven daily. Wait until October or November when people will have to pay storage on it for the winter(at least up here they do) and they haven't been able to drive it for 2 months. Then you can get a better deal. Hot rods, racecars, boats, horses- the prices on all will be lower in the fall.

Keep looking, you'll get one. Whoever it was that posted the red coupe pics got a good deal, sweet car for the $$.
Old 06-18-2013, 10:24 AM
Coupe
3rd Gear Member

I keep seeing this thread and keep glancing over at the OP's info for a location so I can look around, but I have no idea where he lives.

I dont want to sound like an *** but, UPDATE YOUR PROFILE!

Quick Reply: alright guys, heres the next car im looking at