Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

How much ???

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2013, 04:19 PM
120mm
2nd Gear Member

The amazing thing is Frank actually edited that post. It makes one wonder what it looked like before he did. Just out of morbid curiosity, I asked some of my female friends and co-workers what they thought of my use of the word "douche-bag". When they asked why I wanted to know, I described the interchange here, and they universally agreed Frank needed to get the sand out of his lady parts and drive on.

Back to the OP: I am currently driving around in the first car I ever owned, which is the 1967 Mustang convertible I have in my gallery. I bought it when I was 13 with money I earned raising cattle, gave it up to my FIL for 15 years and recently got it back. At the age of 49, you have no idea what a good feeling it is to still have that car and drive it regularly.

If I were you, and you were not absolutely desperate for money, I'd keep it, and keep driving it. Drive the wheels off it and fix it up again. Vintage Mustangs are fun and relatively cheap to maintain.
Old 06-26-2013, 07:37 AM
LCC
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 120mm
If I were you, and you were not absolutely desperate for money, I'd keep it, and keep driving it. Drive the wheels off it and fix it up again. Vintage Mustangs are fun and relatively cheap to maintain.
I concur.. Keep it, love it, pass it on to someone close to you when you're bored of it..
Old 06-26-2013, 09:36 AM
VistaBlueFrank68
2nd Gear Member

I sure wish I had an Uncle who passed down the car I saw last night. 2003or4 Mach 1, still had the Five spoke wheels, basket weave leather seats and shaker air intake. Nice paint, beautiful condition for a New Orleans car.

It had a 4.6 but it was an aluminum 32 valve. Just before I saw the car I read a story in MF about Ford bringing the Mach 1 back. Might need to sell that 2013 Race Red GT/SC after all.

You know Ford got it right when you don't particularly care for a series of Mustang but you like that one.

120, a real man would not have read nor bothered to answered my last two entries. I feel badly about even writing them. Time for me to unsubscribe.