Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Rom contest strategy

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2005, 03:40 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Default Rom contest strategy

If you go to the ROTM contest November voting, you will see that Fastbackguy, KathyMach1 and Hiker are virtually neck and neck and Old Yeller is sucking hind tit. But Dan04Cobra is leading the pack with about twice the votes as each of the classics. My question to you classic guys, is that do we need to go with only one classic next month so that all those who vote for a classic will have a unified vote? Or should we do the nomination from everyone and see how the classics fare next month? This contest is getting huge, so I think we need to put our collective minds together to form a strategy. Understand, that this is just a fun thing, and that there are no prizes involved. If a classic wins, or if a 6er wins. That's OK.
Old 10-17-2005, 05:29 PM
lClutchl
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Rom contest strategy

I'd say one or maybe two at the most. It's hard to keep us in the "Exotic" catagory when we have two red 66 fastbacks in the same month. (beauty cars by the way!)

Old 10-17-2005, 06:23 PM
jrrhd73must
3rd Gear Member

I think that we just nominate just one or at the most two. Let the young cars split the votes and we classics stay unified.
Old 10-17-2005, 07:26 PM
tylerdru
4th Gear Member

We will get one classic in and make five accounts each!
Old 10-17-2005, 09:58 PM
Dan66Stang
2nd Gear Member

In the ROTM contest, theres needs to be one from each era. Im surprised I havent seen any 05's...
Old 10-17-2005, 10:55 PM
garywwelch
1st Gear Member

I am sassuming that you take a vote from all catagories (Era), if so then I would say one from each. It would be nice if the classic had their own.
Gary
66 Fastback
Old 10-18-2005, 12:24 AM
6mustang6
5th Gear Member

I think we should do one or two. I hate it when we get beat by a bunch on "new" cars.[:'(]
Old 10-18-2005, 12:39 AM
tylerdru
4th Gear Member

CMON!!! We need one Classic only! If there are more than one "new" mustangs then their votes will be divided!!!! And us classic guys will vote for the one classic. Right now all of the 6ers, gt guys, foxes, mach guys etc. are voting for Dan04cobra becuase that is their only choice. As classic mustang owners we are out numbered so we need Only one to vote on. If there was a sixer and fox in the poll Hiker would have more votes because i would have voted for him and many others would have. Dan04 cobra would lose votes to the sixers and foxes. We cant keep nominating four classics.! Our classic ROM should decide who goes in to the ROTM, and they Should Have GREAT PICS and LOTS of them. <---Should be REQUIRED. We can win everytime if we stop screwing ourselves over guys.

Look three of the classics have at least 15 votes. so that would be 45 plus Glen's five. 50 VOTES. IMO Classics are winning.
Dan would lose votes due to the more variety of New mustangs.
Old 10-18-2005, 10:38 AM
jrrhd73must
3rd Gear Member

Agreed 1 only classic. If we have one from each era, we classics have the 65-68, the 69-70, and the 71-73 groups. Are votes will be split at least three ways.
Old 10-18-2005, 02:21 PM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: garywwelch

I am sassuming that you take a vote from all catagories (Era), if so then I would say one from each. It would be nice if the classic had their own.
Gary
66 Fastback
Gary,
We do have our own. Go to the friggin' top and vote knucklehead. The way the ROM contest rules are set up, is that the first 5 that are nominated, and the owners accept the nomination, then they are the ones who will get voted as the ROM. No matter what era they are from. So far, Clutch and I have been on top of the situation, and have had a lot of classics nominated and accepted. My question was about splitting the votes on the ROM. My original intention was to have a classic section vote, then I would nominate that person so that we only had one classic represented in the ROM. That seemed to work quite well, as those nominees won the ROM contest. But, we got away from that when a member who didn't have a gallery in the classic section had someone nominate him for the ROM. That upset the plan, so I thought we would flood the ROM with classics. That has backfired on us. So, next month, we will try to go back to the original plan If I can get everyone on the classic section to cooperate.

Quick Reply: Rom contest strategy