Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

what to do??

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2005, 07:41 PM
Tonymach1

Default RE: what to do??

Your first mistake was askin. A real car guy would have just bought it and wore ear plugs for a week!!!
Old 10-21-2005, 10:22 PM
superdavid
4th Gear Member

Buy the car! Tell her that if she loves you, then she wouldn't cause such suffering in your life like this.
Old 10-21-2005, 10:38 PM
tylerdru
4th Gear Member

and i bought my 65 for $3000 My future wife has to allow me to do my hobby. I will compromise her that i can do whatever i want as long as i put the family first. or i will find one that likes stangs
Old 10-22-2005, 12:20 AM
garywwelch
1st Gear Member

GTA289, I think, rather than calling and saying Honey can I buy it, I would have Honey, I bought your new car, just wondering what color you wnat it? Don't you think twinkie cars would be so romantic - Honey?

That's how I get my way.

Gary
66 Fastback
Old 10-22-2005, 12:45 AM
nualln
3rd Gear Member

You guys make me not want to get married...ever.
Old 10-22-2005, 01:11 AM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

It's a shame to lose her. I mean the girlfriend. Trust me, she'll get over it. I told my wife I bought my 68 when I was driving it home. I did that two times. If she cant take a joke, I guess it wasn't meant to be. Tell your Dad to buy it for your wedding present and just bring it home. What kind of self respecting woman would make her future husband return a gift from a family member. That way it will be sentimental
Old 10-22-2005, 11:37 AM
Soaring
I ♥ Acer

Yeah, who wears the pants in your relationship anyhow?
Old 10-22-2005, 02:11 PM
ttoney
2nd Gear Member

Yeah, you better break her in early cause if you don't do it now it will always be this way. Pick one of your ideas and do it. If she gets to set all of the car rules it will probably apply to wheels, paint, Super Chargers, gears etc forever.
Old 10-23-2005, 01:19 AM
valley firearms
5th Gear Member

Break her in early is right. Heed my words young man, take the advice of older married men. She is going to make you sell the GT you own now when you start your new family unless you show her whose the boss now. Right guys????
ORIGINAL: ttoney

Yeah, you better break her in early cause if you don't do it now it will always be this way. Pick one of your ideas and do it. If she gets to set all of the car rules it will probably apply to wheels, paint, Super Chargers, gears etc forever.
Old 10-23-2005, 09:44 AM
gta289
3rd Gear Member

well i took her out of town this weekend everyone.... after dome "convincing" she says i can buy the car!!!! Im picking it up after work today, and truthfully im so excited to tear into another GT im ready to **** myself..... I just told her that these cars were meant to be together and it adds "value" if you have two of the same cars...... good thing she doesnt know about this website lol!! thanks for all your input.... and to add, i wear the pants in this relationship, but she wasnt this weekend if you know what i mean, and i think you do....i told you "convincing" it never fails lmao