Classic Mustangs (Tech) Technical discussions about the Mustangs of yester-year.

Brakes...more front than

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2004, 11:53 PM
navydm

Default Brakes...more front than

<FONT face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size=1> <FONT size=2>My wife has a 68 coupe that we have restored and added a few modifications. It has a 302 that we converted from a stock 2bbl to a 4bbl by means of Edelbrock carb/intake and headers. My question...ever since we got it, it has a lot more braking at the front and hardly any at rear. The master cylinder is new, but braking is still the same. It has a distribution block under the master cylinder with a warning switch plug. someone told me the distribution block is bad. It looks like a proportioning valve, but was told it wasn't, it's just a distribution block. Is this correct and if it is bad, where can I locate one? I've checked around and can't locate one...can anyone help me out?</FONT></FONT>
Old 01-14-2004, 09:33 AM
quig
1st Gear Member

Try rebleeding the brakes and adjusting the rears. how is your pedal?
Old 01-16-2004, 07:08 PM
mardyn
1st Gear Member

Not absolutely sure on the 68, but the 69 has a valve in the distribution block to divert pressure from front to rear or vice versa in case ofpressure loss in one of the systems... if the valve is off center, it will divert all pressure to one side or the other... Also, if the valve is shifted, it turns onthe brake warning light... that should be an indicator... if the ligth is in operating order... if not, check it with a test light...</P>

</P>

Good Luck</P>

mardyn</P>

</P>