Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

sub frame connectors for vert

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2006, 05:00 PM
ebxgsxr
2nd Gear Member

Default sub frame connectors for vert

ok, im looking to stiffen up the car a bit, and i hear that i should start with subframe connectors. for vert specific models, what's some fo the ones you guys went with (that have them)? i know when putting them on, everything should be level. so im going to start calling around. also wondering what kind of price range i should be looking at? i dont want to get ripped off either. i have a 92 gt vert basically all stock (although i have ford "c" springs that havent been put on yet), and im in the MD area. thanks guys.
Old 11-30-2006, 05:06 PM
chath_brick
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: sub frame connectors for vert

i'm going to use maximum motorsport's weld-ons when i do it, i emailed them and they said the ones for a hardtop and 'vert are the same. i have a '95 though so i'm not sure about your car. that is the best thing you can do to stiffen your car up though. just make sure you get the weld-on kind, not the bolt ons. and make sure the car is on the wheels when you weld them on, not on a lift, because you want the car sitting in its natural state when they get welded on (this is especially true for a 'vert).
Old 11-30-2006, 05:27 PM
iamvillani
2nd Gear Member

yeah they are the same....but i know on the verts you have to grind off a rivet or something on one end........im looking into blue oval industries sub frames,upper,and lower control arm package for 165 plus shipping. I know they are prob not the best but im not going to the track or anything.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/79-98...56817963QQrdZ1
Old 11-30-2006, 06:55 PM
TwotoneVert
5th Gear Member

Mine were already installed when I bought the car. I agree with Chath, dont get bolt on's.
Old 11-30-2006, 07:15 PM
deadsexy383
2nd Gear Member

i went with steeda subframe connectors from americanmuscle.com...they were only like $140 with free shipping and they are welded
Old 11-30-2006, 07:31 PM
jacrockett
3rd Gear Member

Welded subframes a must. I have MM, and they work great.

Here's a pic:
https://mustangforums.com/photo.asp?...Type=6&apage=1
Old 11-30-2006, 08:10 PM
88ragtop
3rd Gear Member

Yes you will need/want to weld them. I have Kenny Brown connectors. Really helped stiffing up my Cov. Their a must!
Old 11-30-2006, 08:42 PM
ebxgsxr
2nd Gear Member

ok, so i have heard that MM connectors are really good. but like iamvillani, i was checking out the ones from blue oval. now do you really think there is much difference? essentially arent they all just metal that adds rigidity (is that a word) to the body? just seems like the kit from blue oval adds more for your money since it comes with the control arms. any other input would be appreciated.
Old 11-30-2006, 08:52 PM
jacrockett
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ebxgsxr

ok, so i have heard that MM connectors are really good. but like iamvillani, i was checking out the ones from blue oval. now do you really think there is much difference? essentially arent they all just metal that adds rigidity (is that a word) to the body? just seems like the kit from blue oval adds more for your money since it comes with the control arms. any other input would be appreciated.
Different connectors with the same grade of Steel, same x-section and wall thickness, welded properly, will stiffen the car the same.

However, given a choice, I perfer to stay with on manufacturer... better chance that future mods will actually fit properly. Since MM sells virtually EVERY Mustang suspension product you could ever need. I recommend MM.
Old 11-30-2006, 09:29 PM
vt89gtvert
4th Gear Member

Blue Oval industries has a pretty good package on E-bay for rear control arms (Upper and lower), and SFC for like $200 or something like that. If you are going hard core I don;t know that they would be the best, but for us that don;t visit the track very offen it is not to shabby

Quick Reply: sub frame connectors for vert