Convertible Tech This section is only for questions or information relating to a convertible. Questions about drivetrain modifications should still be posted in the engine specific sections.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

antenna for a slim jim

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2006, 02:53 AM
hot wheels
4th Gear Member

Default antenna for a slim jim

just found out tonight that the long factory antenna works wonderful to get your vert unlocked when you lock your keys in the ignition with the car running. i've been wanting a shorty so now i have no other excuse. this thread isn't really about letting everyone know how to break into our verts it's more of a security issue....get rid of that long *** coat hanger we've got on the front. worked good though, lol
Old 12-28-2006, 06:14 AM
SSKiller
4th Gear Member

Default RE: antenna for a slim jim

Kinda funny huh......I dont care I leave my keys in the car.
Old 12-28-2006, 04:22 PM
vt89gtvert
4th Gear Member

Whats you address again. I don;t want to whole car, just some parts off it......

Gotta get a car alarm if you got a vert. Mine took a LONG time to install, but it has motion and vibration sensors. The "brain" took 40 mins to install so it can't be ripped out, and the wires will take bolt cutters to get to. Looks like there is nothing there though. But when you really get down to it. If someone wants your ride, they can get it.

ORIGINAL: SSKiller

Old 12-28-2006, 04:27 PM
chath_brick
3rd Gear Member

hmmm, maybe i should get rid of my antenna...
Old 12-28-2006, 06:58 PM
TPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: vt89gtvert

Whats you address again. I don;t want to whole car, just some parts off it......

Gotta get a car alarm if you got a vert. Mine took a LONG time to install, but it has motion and vibration sensors. The "brain" took 40 mins to install so it can't be ripped out, and the wires will take bolt cutters to get to. Looks like there is nothing there though. But when you really get down to it. If someone wants your ride, they can get it.

Have to agree with you. My thought is...total loss insurance and gap insurance..just to sleep better at night...
Old 12-28-2006, 08:45 PM
vt89gtvert
4th Gear Member

Only problem is at 22 and in college total coverage is a little to high for me. Just got collision. Maybe when I have a full time job and the insurance goes down I will do the same. It was going to be like 3k a year for full coverage and a $500 deductible. I would be a fool to pay that for a car not worth 5k (To the insurance man, not me).

ORIGINAL: TPony

ORIGINAL: vt89gtvert

Have to agree with you. My thought is...total loss insurance and gap insurance..just to sleep better at night...
Old 12-29-2006, 01:43 AM
SSKiller
4th Gear Member

13112 Waco Rd Apple Valley CA 92308

Caution: You might change your mind after you see me in person........
Old 12-29-2006, 10:57 AM
TPony
6th Gear Member

Have to agree with you on that one....
Old 12-29-2006, 11:22 AM
Archion
4th Gear Member

HAHAHA, I have actually had to do that before, the ex-wife use to alwasy lokc the keys in the car and of course I never had the extra set on me, it works real good for popping that lock button.
Old 12-29-2006, 04:43 PM
vt89gtvert
4th Gear Member

I was giving youa hard time (But I'm sure you knew that). Not to start anything, but I'm not exactly a small guy either. Not that I really want to get into it with someone my size (Hard to rrbound like we did in HS, and I am only 22), but if push comes to shove I can carry my weight.

13112 Waco Rd Apple Valley CA 92308

Caution: You might change your mind after you see me in person........

Quick Reply: antenna for a slim jim