Detailing Discuss detailing and the appearance of your ride inside and out here.

Ask the Autogeek! Question & Answer Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2013, 01:37 PM
08GTWhite

What would be a good product to take care of vinyl stripes?
Old 01-15-2013, 02:50 PM
SON1C
3rd Gear Member

I'm sure nick has some great input, but until then off the top of my head I'd go with meticulous matte detailer by chemical guys
Old 01-15-2013, 04:28 PM
Nick@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by 08GTWhite
What would be a good product to take care of vinyl stripes?
Great question as vinyl stripes/decals are very sensitive to certain cleaners/waxes.

Detailer's Waterless Wash is perfect for cleaning the stripes and Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax works great to protect them. This spray wax is formulated using the most advanced UV absorbers and it will not add any unwanted gloss to the stripes/decals.

Be sure to use a quality microfiber towel, like the Gold Plush Jr, with either product.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:56 AM
OutlawFirebird
1st Gear Member

hi, I have been thinking about getting an orbital buffer, I saw some of your videos and saw the cyclo dual orbital buffter. I have however never used a buffer before, and am a bit worried about using one. I use zano usually to clean the outside of the car, but it takes awile to get swirles/ spots off the paint, and I though a buffer would help. What are your thoughts? I also have a older truck that I could start on, before i move on to my 07 gt.
Old 02-05-2013, 04:51 PM
Nick@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by OutlawFirebird
hi, I have been thinking about getting an orbital buffer, I saw some of your videos and saw the cyclo dual orbital buffter. I have however never used a buffer before, and am a bit worried about using one. I use zano usually to clean the outside of the car, but it takes awile to get swirles/ spots off the paint, and I though a buffer would help. What are your thoughts? I also have a older truck that I could start on, before i move on to my 07 gt.
Have no fear! The Cyclo, even in the hands of a novice, will not cause swirls or burn through your vehicle's delicate finish. This is one of our most popular dual action polishers because it's SAFE, EASY TO USE and most importantly - WELL BUILT.

If you want to remove unsightly swirls, water spots and scratches and polish your vehicle to a head-turning shine, look no further than the Cyclo PRO Wolfgang Starter Kit.

This all-inclusive polisher kit includes the Cyclo Model-5 Pro (variable speed) along with Wolfgang polishes and the necessary Cyclo pads to use with each product. It also includes an instructional DVD that covers the Wolfgang products and how to get the most out of them.

Cyclo PRO Wolfgang Kit

If you have any further questions give me a call! 1-800-869-3011 ext 215
Old 02-09-2013, 07:48 AM
OutlawFirebird
1st Gear Member

any advice for getting water spots off black rims?, I got gt500 rims on my gt, and it looks like water spots on them, I have tried everything i can think of, polish, clay, powerball, with not much effect.
Old 02-12-2013, 08:52 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

When using Black Fire Wet Diamond, would you suggest keeping it off of the factory vinyl stripes?
Old 02-13-2013, 06:38 AM
Nick@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by OutlawFirebird
any advice for getting water spots off black rims?, I got gt500 rims on my gt, and it looks like water spots on them, I have tried everything i can think of, polish, clay, powerball, with not much effect.
I would try the Mothers Power Ball with Meguiar's M105 Ultra Cut Compound. This should remove the water spots.

Originally Posted by alan0614
When using Black Fire Wet Diamond, would you suggest keeping it off of the factory vinyl stripes?
That particular paint sealant is only designed for painted surfaces - it is not designed for vinyl stripes. To keep your vinyl stripes protected and looking new, I would recommend regular application (once a month) of Pinnacle XMT 360 Spray Wax. This spray wax is formulated using the most advanced UVA and UVB absorbers available in a spray wax.
Old 02-13-2013, 08:53 PM
alan0614
6th Gear Member

Nick, I have the Pinnacle 360 spray wax and love it. Thanks for the reply.
Old 02-14-2013, 04:45 PM
Nick@Autogeek
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by alan0614
Nick, I have the Pinnacle 360 spray wax and love it. Thanks for the reply.
Any time!

Quick Reply: Ask the Autogeek! Question & Answer Thread