Forum Issues and Feedback Discuss any issues you are having with using Mustang Forums here.

Unwanted pop-ups

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2008, 08:18 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

Default Unwanted pop-ups

There are a number of "keywords" that generate pop-ups just by passing the cursor over them. This is extremely annoying, as it sometimes covers over what I am trying to read (or re-read for better comprehension), and it is always a distraction. By way of example, from a current thread, the words "performance" and "struts" pull up advertisements for the Lincoln MKS and Autozone in the original thread. As copied/pasted here, they are only links to that thread (but if you follow them, you'll see what I mean about the pop-ups).

I'm pleased with the performance of the stock struts/shocks so anything equal or just slightly firmer than that is what I'm looking for

Is this another glitch in the 4.6L Handling forum (or more generally, fora at that level)?

Thanks in advance for anything you can do about this.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 08-17-2008 at 08:25 AM.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:47 AM
Does Not Exist
4th Gear Member

That's all you dude. Quit using IE or figure out how to turn that non-sense off. Haven't ever come across one of those using Firefox.
Old 08-17-2008, 09:54 AM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

Click on the question mark at the top right and it will give you the option to turn it off.
Old 08-17-2008, 10:29 AM
Norm Peterson
6th Gear Member

THANKS, 2k1gt, for pointing me off in the right direction. I only needed that much help.

Originally Posted by boostin95cobra
That's all you dude. Quit using IE or figure out how to turn that non-sense off. Haven't ever come across one of those using Firefox.
This problem was not on this site before the upgrade, and I'm a structural analyst/amateur vehicle dynamicist/occasional mechanic, not a computer science guru.

Translation: I needed a more useful hint than that.

Because I'm not really a computer guy I'm not inclined to risk screwing things up by installing softwares that I do not understand or which essentially duplicate what I already have (and which worked flawlessly here previously as well as elsewhere). I dislike enough about Win Vista as it is.

Norm

Last edited by Norm Peterson; 08-17-2008 at 10:33 AM.