General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Flamethrower Kit

Search this Thread

Old 06-24-2006, 02:37 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Default RE: Flamethrower Kit

yeah if you're running cats id say that is a problem. Are you revving it while ur trying the ignitor? The one ive seen doesnt work at idle, unless you have the kind that injects fuel into the tail pipe
Old 06-24-2006, 07:14 PM
Tellowman24
2nd Gear Member

you wont get a flam if you have cats
Old 06-24-2006, 07:34 PM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

It's harder these days to add a flame thrower kit because of the computer control. Back when I had the 70 Stang, we just richened up the carb and it worked. BUT..remember this...Flame throwers are ILLEGAL AS HELL! In some states, the cops can impound the car.
Old 06-24-2006, 10:06 PM
Nittro22
1st Gear Member

The kit is from Eat My Flames. There are no cats on the car, just straight pipes. Everything is wired correctly, the spark plugs spark when they should. Each plug is connected to its own coil. I just can't get the flames.
Old 06-25-2006, 12:18 AM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

Where does that flamethrower kit from Eat my Flames get it's fuel from? The engine or some sort of feed tube to the exhaust?
Old 06-25-2006, 01:04 AM
03YellowPony
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: GreyStang

Where does that flamethrower kit from Eat my Flames get it's fuel from? The engine or some sort of feed tube to the exhaust?
It's suposed to richen up the mix..but it never works. It's a total scam...
Old 06-25-2006, 02:08 AM
Nittro22
1st Gear Member

The EMF kit works off of the fuel that is already in the exhaust, and it wasnt supposed to change anything fuel curve mods which is y i got that kit, but it looks like im gonna have to do some anyways just to get it to work.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:08 PM
Velvet Leopard

Hey guys. Don't know if this will help you, but this is the way the new hot rodders do this without modding or getting rid of your performance parts. First, gather up a couple of good high volume fuel injectors and a couple good spark plugs, and their coils if you so desire. Mount the plugs the way you normally would but also mount the injectors right behind the plugs. Not close enough to bridge the spark, but close enough the fuel will not just mist and spray the tubes before it hits the spark. Run a fuel line from the tank to the injectors. Do not try and branch your existing fuel lines and starve or confuse the engine. Run your plugs and your injectors to a special toggle or momentary push switch and power. It might be a good idea to connect them to only run when the engine is on, to keep from burning your tubes with no exhaust flow. This way, you can keep, and preserve, your car's original performance and keep your flame thrower exhaust. It is similar to the original hot rod design, but doesn't leech the fuel and ignition system. I hope that helps a bit.
Old 06-28-2006, 07:18 PM
Black Snake
5th Gear Member

Up the fuel preesure a bit to make it run a little richer.
Old 06-29-2006, 08:07 PM
jtstudley
1st Gear Member

how can you do that

Quick Reply: Flamethrower Kit