General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2007, 05:13 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Please Help Me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

you cannont underestimate my car just because its an auto. It is not a stock automatic transmission. WE've done a lot of work to this transmission, and you would very few with one like mine. Stock for stock engine, my car would rape a 5-speed, just because of the things we've done to it. Like stated before, i knocke a second off of my quarter mile time with rear-end and tranny mods. I didn't even come into to this thread to argue about who's car is faster, because as of right now, i wouldn't even wasate my time on a v6 other than to prove a point. I was merely making a suggestion, so quit comparing my car to his, i never did that until you started that on your own. I have no interest in who has the faster car, just don't underestimate, when you know nothing about besides what is listed in my sig. On that good luck with car and please post times, when you get everything installed.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:16 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

I still don't understand why you are comparing weight and horsepower. I can tell exactly what my car will run at its best. Yet he hasn't, weight is not an issue, when you have already poseted times. Yes if i gutted my car it would be lighter therefore a little faster. But i haven't so why go into detail about it. FAct is if you're gonna come here to talk trash about your car being faster. DOn't try to add up your estimated horsepower and time because that means absolutely nothing under track conditions and whether you're a good driver. Please find someone else.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:16 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Jothmano

I didn't mean to be a dick, but she said my car will suck *** even after I get the procharger installed which I am ordering now since my loan was approved, but after the procharger, I'll probably have about 330-340rwhp which is pretty good for a weight reduced V6, and I bet less than 5% of the people on this server aren't pushing that power w/suspension mods. So I believe I have the right to talk a little, especially to non-force induced V8's which have 225-255rwhp stock. I no I will still be no where near force induced or spray running V8's, but be honest w/my hook up I'll be running probably low 12's, maybe even high 11's. Isn't that respectable[&:]?
You say that less than 5% of the people are pushing 330ish RWHP on this site and that gives you the right to at least talk some smack. Well unless I am mistaken, you have less than that as well. Meanwhile, I have at LEAST 100RWHP MORE than that. Does tham mean I should be allowed to talk trash about people all day? Does that also mean that, since you arent at that level, you can't talk trash?

You're missing what I am saying. I'm saying that you are already talknig trash and you don't even have the supercharger yet. As easy as they try to make them seem, you can't exactly just bolt them up and go. Well you can, but you're going to be missing a LOT and can even cause some damage.

Some things to think about... how are you going to deal with the extra crankcase pressure usualyl due to blowby? (all engines have blowby, even new ones. More pressure = more blowby.) What about fuel? Can your pump handle it? The FMU can really stress the pump. What about the injectors? And if you change thouse can you get a new MAF with sensor to match the inejctors? Or are you getting a tuner to recalibrate the ecmputer? What about the size of the TB and the MAF itself? And what about the timing adjustments? And spark plugs that are generally swapped out at the same time? How is it getting cooled (chemical or standard intercooler?) And who is going to install and tune this all? Most places charge $1000 or so just to install the S/C, not counting the support mods.

There's really a LOT to do when it comes to adding HP from a supercharger. Also, it would take more than 11 PSI to get to 340 RWHP. The typical rule of thumb for the V8's I have seen is roughly 10 - 11 HP per pound of boost. So 11 PSI would in theory net 110 - 121 extra HP.

Stock you are 190 BHP, which would be about 165 - 170 RWHP. Add on some of the mods and tune you have and I'd say maybe 200 or so, but that's more of an average. But lets say that your mods give you an additional 50 rwhp. So eve right now you had 250 RWHO, then you may be able to get 340 RWHP with 11 PSI from a procharger.

I'm not saying it's bad to want to add more power. But I am saying that it's not as easy as you think. There are a lot of things to think about unless you want to risk your car or your life. And I would probably talk a little less trash until I actually had them installed.

Old 02-08-2007, 05:17 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

LOL, dont underestimate his car either.... Really we dont know because the cars areant side by side at the track after getting off a dynojet.

I would like to know more about your car though, it sounds like you have put a lot of time and passion into it, just like i have done mine, and yes I did ditch the V6 or a DOHC V8 because Cost VS Power it wasnt worth it.

Im not trying to make you mad, infact I want to know more about it, its great to see another girl in the sport.

-eric-

**** MY BOSS IS GOING TO KILL ME!!!!
Old 02-08-2007, 05:19 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Stangchick your right, but I havnt seen your slips or his, I was making estimates based on what I had to work with, trying to be helpful.

Weight doesnt matter for you because you already have your times, but for him it does, fair game is 100lbs is 1/10 second.

**** MY BOSS IS COMING!!!! LATER
Old 02-08-2007, 05:22 PM
samseed101
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: StangChik

I still don't understand why you are comparing weight and horsepower. I can tell exactly what my car will run at its best. Yet he hasn't, weight is not an issue, when you have already poseted times. Yes if i gutted my car it would be lighter therefore a little faster. But i haven't so why go into detail about it. FAct is if you're gonna come here to talk trash about your car being faster. DOn't try to add up your estimated horsepower and time because that means absolutely nothing under track conditions and whether you're a good driver. Please find someone else.
EXACTLY!

Lets see,,, 10 HP for the exhaust, 15 for the pulleys, another 10 for the CAI... yeah, it all looks great on the box, but that isn't how it is in real life.

As stated above, it's a bad idea to add up estimated numbers from mods you have. And it's an even worse idea to add up estimated numbers from mods you haven't even ordered yet, let alone installed!

My numbers are backed on this site with pics, videos, and times. Hell, as I was building it I was constantly putting up pics of my progress. So I know (and people in the 5.0 section know) exactly what my car is capable of. And yes it's an auto, and yes it's a vert. That hasn't been a problem yet and I doubt it will be in the future.
Old 02-08-2007, 05:22 PM
StangChik
3rd Gear Member

alright point taken, i've put as much effort inot my car as i could on a college budget. I had to settle for an sn-95 at the time of purchase, and i got an amazgin deal on the auto, so i couldn't pass it up. All the installs and mods were done by myself with some supervision and as little help as possible because i really wanted to be able to say that i did it myself. Yes i turned every wrench on this car. Its still nota whole lot to brag about but its sounds great and i'm proud of it. If it doesn't sell by this summer, than yes it will be getting a complete engine/suspension makeover to the tune of about $4000 and hopefully 11 seconds at the track, i really have no clue about times, just guessing and dreaming.....It has come a long way, but i miss having a five speed so i cannot decide on what i really want to do yet.
Old 02-08-2007, 08:07 PM
Jothmano
1st Gear Member

I'm just saying, don't disrepsect my car cause it's a sixer. I've put over $3k into already and just dropped another $4k-4.5k(depending on install)for a Procharger(11psi intercooled). So even w/o the procharger, an experienced member like NeoTokyo said it would be a close race b/c my car weighs 550lbs(forgot to incorporate weight loss ofdraglites)less than urs(like adding 55rwhp to mine-hope this helps), has about 220-230rwhp now,4.10's,T-Lok, and suspension upgrades.Yes, I am incollege too and I have had lots ofracing experience(approx. 50dig racesand 10 highway races), so don't underestimate 6er's b/c u don't know a lot about them. I am right now in ur class whether u like it or not. And once my s/c is installed I will be in a class probably beyond yours pushing 350rwhp and weigh half a thousand lbs less. By the way the lighter my car is the greateradvantageIhave accelerating at high speeds(I know from experience).

PS-SamSeed, I will never put myself in a class like urs since I can see, Ur pretty much in a league of Terminators or even way above that. Sorry if I upset u, but I would like to get a little respect for the car I have and am about to create. Is that hard to ask?
Old 02-08-2007, 09:12 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

Stangchick I hope that you dont think that I am putting you and your car down because I am not. It takes a lot for a college girl to save money to throw at a car, it takes determination and smarts to do your own work and it takes guts to go out there and prove yourself, I never meant any disrespect.

I just was adding up figures based on not knowing either of you and from my own real world experiance. The first couple of years of my history with the SN-95 was with a V6 and searching for power, I know what they can do and have done all of my own work too. I blew away 94-98 GT's all the time, but I had them blow me away all the time too.

I talked for a very long time with the guys over at SuperSix about building a 4.3L stroker for me but when it came down to the $5k in my hands and having a V6 or a V8 I went for the V8. I bought the first front clip of an 03' Mach1 I could find and thats where my baby started.

I blew my sixer up street racing, I went through2 trannies in 1 summer, 4 clutches (1 Ford, 1 spec III, 2 Ram King Cobra) I was hanging with the GT's but it cost me a lot, and for what? To say that I was better than a stock or slightly modded GT? It wasnt worth it, I blew $2000 bux trying to prove myself and ultimatly killed the engine. I felt like I had to prove the V8 guys wrong because I had some jackass Cobra guys in a club constantly putting my car down and I wanted to beat them with my underdog. I couldnt though and when it came to being able to I went with a V8.

Erich this is kinda aimed at you, you just took a huge loan out for a SC, you should think about upgrading to a terminator, you can find tranny engine combo's for a good price on ebay now. If you are dead set on a V6 then more power to you and I hope that you eventually do the smart thing and have another shortblock made.

When I bought my front clip I took the 0mi (Diagnostic time) engine and ripped it down to a shortblock. I called the guys up at livernoise and got ahold of a 5.0L stroker kit for it, that was $1850 for the ballanced version but well worth it. They have risen their prices now by almost $500 though so that sucks for people that didnt buy before the price hike. My point is, look how cheap it was for me to modify the engine to take 1200hp (Not make.) Assembly was about $800, so thats $1650 to have a complete bulletproof bottom end (Stock 10.61cr.) If you think its too expensive for the block then think agian, a Mark VIII has the same alloy 75lbs block as the 96-98 Cobra (Not internals though) and SHM has rated the block to withstand over 1200hp with proper machining. You can pick one up for $300 at a junk yard. Spend about $2k on ported 4v heads of your choice and inductions and you have just under $4k for an engine that can handle 1200hp.

I would strongly suggest having an engine built for you, for what you are going to spend on a SC you can have so much more. You can sell your old parts and engine and 7.5" diff, driveshaft, transmission, K-Member, Front suspension and change it all out. You will probably be about $9-10k deep into the project when its done but you wont be as limited as the sixer would have been. I am already $7k deep into my project and its only half way done.

I would pay back the loan after 1 month of having the money out, pay the interest for that month. Wait 1 month afterpayingthe loan backfor it to appear on your credit then take another loan out in the amount that you would need to complete a V8 conversion. Thats just what I would do anyways if I had to go down that road. But I dont like loans so I wouldnt have done it in the first place lol.

Either way, whatever you choose I will support you just because you are another enthusiest with a passion for the car.

Samseed the numbers I started are less than advertised, I dont think there are any numbers advertised that are 100% true.

I hope I didnt spread that out too long, I have a problem doing that

If I broke up what I had to say into smaller posts then I would have about 4000 posts by now. LOL
Old 02-08-2007, 09:33 PM
NeoTokyo
6th Gear Member

btw, Stangchick nice Yamaha R6.

I also wanted to mention that the 03/04 Mach1 NVH Alloy block is only rated to about 600hp by SHM before failing. This is because it is a lighter block than the 96-98 Cobra block, only by 5lbs but that made a large difference. The pandeck is thicker for a less NVH rating but the 5lbs wasnt worth the 50% cut in strength. It doesnt matter too much for me because I am staying all NA and only expect to produce upwards of 525hp. Al over at Boss330 is taking care of the P&P on my heads and the 1mm oversize in the undercut tuliped valves. He has a custom set of stix that I am still trying to get the specs of, the same ones he used to absolutly destroy the competition in the MM&FF NA Shootout! He was pumping out deep into the 500hp range and brought a 10.08 (If I recall correctly, I will get the mag again) short shifting at only7000rpms on street tires. He said the car was a mid 9 second car.... Crazy!!! He had a 5.5L stroker and a set of Mach1 heads. If your interested I will get the entire article for you and make a pdf of it.

He had only 2 pulls i think before stopping for the day because of a tick under the pass side valve cover. Theengine was capable of 8500rpms.

Well enough about that, I get too damn excited about 4V engines, lol. I just wish I had the other 8k I need to finish my baby.

Anyways I am going home, its long after work. G'Night

-Eric-