General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

I need opinions on my 2004 Mustang wreck *update post 15*

Search this Thread

Old 01-09-2005, 09:13 PM
Mustangous
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: I need opinions on my 2004 Mustang wreck

I would really push hard to have them total the car out and just give you the money on the car. This way you could go get another one. I understand that you have especially ordered this one but, its a convertible...They are really weak and i dont care what anyone says, that car will never feel the same again. The only support that car has is the floor board. theres no roof to help support and your definitly not getting support from the doors. the quarter could be ok but the floor board could be buckeled and nothing will line up (including your door), including the top once its opened. Hey that really suxs and i wish you the best of luck...
Old 01-09-2005, 10:52 PM
vfast
I ♥ Acer

the ins doesn't care as they will just raise all of our rates....I would however go to small claims court to aleast get some $$$ and attach as warrant in debt to her wages
Old 01-09-2005, 11:53 PM
Dan04COBRA
Super Moderator

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr
Where are you cause I would like a cobra convertable for that price. They run for about 40,000 around here. I do agree you over paid though. You are looking at alot of money to fix it. I would call the police get her info and then go after her for the repair costs. If you screwed up engine parts it must have been bad. Get some pics if you can. Sry man, that sucks!
I'm in MA, but you can find a Cobra 'Vert for that price ANYWHERE. Never ever pay MSRP, if you don't pay ATLEAST 2000-2500 under MSRP, you're getting a bad deal.
Old 01-10-2005, 12:36 AM
blueangelfightr
5th Gear Member

Hmmm. I always make them bring the price down. I never pay msrp. If I can get a brand new cobra convertable for that price point me towards the dealer.
Old 01-11-2005, 08:41 PM
T_stang
4th Gear Member

I agree i did in my 99 mustang ..... and the body shop told me they would fix it .... but it would never be the same because it would never ride right ..... and if your friend is a body guy and he wouldnt fix it ..... Well i figure he was right mine only had 4000 miles and was only 6 months old and it SUCKED big time
Old 01-13-2005, 02:33 AM
OneBitchinRide

Thanks everybody! I finally found out today that the frame of the car was not damaged at all. It was a bent strut that made the right tire move forward and everything else can be fixed! We found out the woman that hit me did have insurance; she was just late paying her premium. So her insurance is paying for all of the repairs and a rental car. We moved it from the Ford dealership and took it to another body shop and they are storing it inside while they repair it. It might even be finished next week. Thanks again these bulletin boards are the only place I found any helpful information. All of my family and friends think there is something wrong with me because I am so protective of my Mustang. Thanks for understanding.
Old 01-13-2005, 02:42 AM
roundman
5th Gear Member

don't worry, we understand MUSTANG MANIA! LOL
by the way, welcome to the forum, and hang around some more with us too. the ladies on here need more help as they are badly outnumbered by the guys.
Old 01-13-2005, 08:56 AM
Leadfoot
2nd Gear Member

More like Mustang Fever!!!

Old 01-13-2005, 02:41 PM
xRockThePonyx
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: OneBitchinRide

Thanks everybody! I finally found out today that the frame of the car was not damaged at all. It was a bent strut that made the right tire move forward and everything else can be fixed! We found out the woman that hit me did have insurance; she was just late paying her premium. So her insurance is paying for all of the repairs and a rental car. We moved it from the Ford dealership and took it to another body shop and they are storing it inside while they repair it. It might even be finished next week. Thanks again these bulletin boards are the only place I found any helpful information. All of my family and friends think there is something wrong with me because I am so protective of my Mustang. Thanks for understanding.
That's good to hear! I'm glad you won't be going through a hell of a hassle with this. It's already depressing enough to have your car damaged, then on top of that having to work with insurance companies and court and all that.
Old 01-13-2005, 04:20 PM
AllVenom
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dan02GT

ORIGINAL: blueangelfightr
Where are you cause I would like a cobra convertable for that price. They run for about 40,000 around here. I do agree you over paid though. You are looking at alot of money to fix it. I would call the police get her info and then go after her for the repair costs. If you screwed up engine parts it must have been bad. Get some pics if you can. Sry man, that sucks!
I'm in MA, but you can find a Cobra 'Vert for that price ANYWHERE. Never ever pay MSRP, if you don't pay ATLEAST 2000-2500 under MSRP, you're getting a bad deal.
Dan, you have to be smoking something. The dealers will not lower the sticker on any new Cobra. They don't have to, somebody else will buy it at that price. Sometimes you just cant haggle for something if they are willing to lose a sale. When they (the dealership) know they can get it at 40k, then they will say no thanks. This happened here in NC for me last year when I was looking for my 03 Cobra. So, instead, I found a used '03 wIth 5500 miles on it and saved myself around 7k.

It's never worth it to buy a car brand new. We all know that once you drive from the lot, you just lost at least 4k, and that's even if you didn't pay sticker. Just my .02 worth.

Quick Reply: I need opinions on my 2004 Mustang wreck *update post 15*