General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

How do i stop this annoying as beeping?

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2007, 09:40 PM
Ranger7489

Default How do i stop this annoying as beeping?

Hey everyone, I have a 2004 Mustang GT (black), mostly stock except for chrome A/R rims, Short ram intake, and a 75 shot of wet.
I know i should wear my seat belt but i dont like wearing it because i dont like things near my neck, Is there a fuse i can pull so the seat belt light and bell stops beeping? Or some wires i can splice together to get it to stop. Thanks for your time and this site is badass!
Old 12-03-2007, 10:10 PM
ac316scu
1st Gear Member

Default RE: How do i stop this annoying as beeping?

you can cut your ears off because they will be usless when your dead, or you can just cu tthe seatbelt and leave the buckle in all the time
Old 12-03-2007, 10:11 PM
Colorado_Mustang
5th Gear Member

The owner's manual has the process for turning off the belt minder.
Old 12-04-2007, 12:39 AM
MU71L4710N
5th Gear Member

1) get one of those things that goes on the seatbelt and pulls it farther from your neck. not wearing your seatbelt can get u some pretty serious injuries from an otherwise minor accident...

2) if the owners manual thing doesnt work out then just plug the seatbelt in after you start the car and unplug it (u gotta do that every time...but it wont beep if u unplug it after the car is running)
Old 12-04-2007, 08:14 AM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

How tall are you? I'm not that tall (5'10") and my seatbelt is nowhere near my throat.
Old 12-04-2007, 08:53 AM
Chopper
5th Gear Member

OK everybody.
Does anyone here see a problem with a 75 shot and no seatbelt?????

This might be worth watching if there's anything on the car you might want to salvage after the owner's dead.
Maybe the N2 system will survive?????
Old 12-04-2007, 06:10 PM
Clu7ch
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: MU71L4710N

1) get one of those things that goes on the seatbelt and pulls it farther from your neck. not wearing your seatbelt can get u some pretty serious injuries from an otherwise minor accident...

2) if the owners manual thing doesnt work out then just plug the seatbelt in after you start the car and unplug it (u gotta do that every time...but it wont beep if u unplug it after the car is running)
+1 A buddy of mine lost his fiancee in a car accident. He was wearing his seatbelt, she wasn't. He walked away. She got launched from the car and died in his arms.

I never go anywhere without my seatbelt on. I can't even back the car out of the driveway to let someone out without it.

If it bothers you that much, I suggest getting a piece of cloth, silk if you wish and some padding and fit it around the belt where it's close to your neck.

Old 12-04-2007, 07:30 PM
2k1gt
5th Gear Member

I still don't see how anyone can say a seatbelt is uncomfortable. I wear one at ALL times and I don't ever realize im wearing one.
Old 12-04-2007, 07:55 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k1gt

I still don't see how anyone can say a seatbelt is uncomfortable. I wear one at ALL times and I don't ever realize im wearing one.
+1 and i'm only 5'6. Not wearing a seatbelt is a horrible idea, you should find a way to make it work... not only are you a danger to yourself but also to everyone else riding in the car.
Old 12-05-2007, 11:29 AM
bingkewl
1st Gear Member

i grew up believing if i didn't wear my seat-belt i'd go to hell. now it's second nature...or first!

Quick Reply: How do i stop this annoying as beeping?