General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fuzz Busters

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2008, 02:16 PM
jim135666
1st Gear Member

Default Fuzz Busters

Im about to punch the next cop that writes me a ticket, i have been giving 2 tickets in the last 3 days for speeding and i used to never get them. Funny there all by state troopers. The radar i use is crap and detected him when i was 3 feet from him. So im sick of this bull, i need one that works.. Whats the best radar detector out there. Price is not an issue, People swear on valentine but i saw positive reviews with the 399$ cobra from bestbuy. Whats the best out there? I seen one from belltronic for 1g but its built in and im about 2 minutes from saying its worth it. So please help me here... I cannot afford another ticket.

*Addition* HE TOLD ME MY EXHAUST WAS TOO LOUD AND TO GET A MUFFLER, i was like how bout you go play hide and go **** yourself. He told me this when i started my car off. Damn newbie cop
Old 08-31-2008, 03:36 PM
Ato
4th Gear Member

You are pissed b/c you were speeding and a cop had the ***** to give you a ticket, man what a dick he was! I'm guessing just by the way you wrote this post you were probably pretty rude to him to the point where he wasn't interested in cutting you a break.
As for radar detectors, buying the best one in the world doesn't mean a thing, if you get hit w/ a laser you are screwed. Keeping your head on a swivel and using common sense are much more reliable.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:50 PM
TRexGAWD
4th Gear Member

No radar detector works, ha-ha. I've pulled over so many people that thought their radar detector was going to save them. I've even had some claim that I wasn't taking radar because their radar detector didn't go off. The only time you will ever get an early warning is if you have a good LOS and by then we will have already got you with most new radar devices. And if I'm using a LIDAR gun, you are completely screwed, nothing will show until I'm already locked on and have your exact speed along with the distance at which I clocked you at.

If you want to save yourself the hassle, don't speed. There are plenty of people who don't get pulled over and that's because they obey the speed limit.

Oh, and I don't know what state you live in but there are plenty with modified exhaust ordinances, and I highly doubt you said that to the cop. Your *** would have been pulled out of the car and really be made an example of. FWIW, just take every ticket with a grain of salt and shut up when you get pulled over. No matter what you say it's not going to change my mind on whether I'm going to write you or ticket or not. If anything it's going to make it worse and land you with even more citations. Just execute your right to remain silent and answer any questions in a polite and respectful manner and things will go smoothly.
Old 08-31-2008, 03:51 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

if you're pissed at the cops for giving you speeding tickets when you're breaking the law then you're a ****ing retard. People that use radar detectors as an excuse to speed deserve tickets more than anyone.
Old 08-31-2008, 04:23 PM
Misbehavin
2nd Gear Member

Im about to punch the next cop that writes me a ticket, i have been giving 2 tickets in the last 3 days for speeding and i used to never get them. Funny there all by state troopers. The radar i use is crap and detected him when i was 3 feet from him. So im sick of this bull, i need one that works.. Whats the best radar detector out there. Price is not an issue, People swear on valentine but i saw positive reviews with the 399$ cobra from bestbuy. Whats the best out there? I seen one from belltronic for 1g but its built in and im about 2 minutes from saying its worth it. So please help me here... I cannot afford another ticket.

*Addition* HE TOLD ME MY EXHAUST WAS TOO LOUD AND TO GET A MUFFLER, i was like how bout you go play hide and go **** yourself. He told me this when i started my car off. Damn newbie cop
Last time I checked a radar detector wasn't a license to speed, but merely a tool to help avoid at ticket at best. So you'll run the risk regardless of what you use. Aside from that, you're much less likely to be given a mere warning if the cop sees a radar detector in your car. Much in the same way a poor attitude would hinder you getting off with a warning.

i was like how bout you go play hide and go **** yourself.
If you do that next time, make sure you video it and put it on YouTube. That way we can see you get hauled off in the paddywagon...
Old 08-31-2008, 04:50 PM
562cobra
5th Gear Member

the best radar detector is none dickfuhk.

people like you put other drivers in danger. u should be stripped of your mustang and given a honda.
Old 08-31-2008, 05:00 PM
OnyxCobra
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by 562cobra
the best radar detector is none dickfuhk.

people like you put other drivers in danger. u should be stripped of your mustang and given a honda.
lmfao, awesome.

side note, where'd u get that 6 speed thing for your coin holder spot?
Old 08-31-2008, 05:13 PM
562cobra
5th Gear Member

I made it myself. you want one?

from ebay. seller is called on in 60 i think.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:34 AM
jim135666
1st Gear Member

very funny everyone. No im not rude, im actually kind and understanding and do know i ****ed up. Its just the fact that its always me out of the group in traffic.. hence the quota. And i dont put anyone in danger so please stop assuming. None of you live around here so you dont know. I did write it in annger but i am understanding and i did speed none the less so you all should stop making smartass comments about a thread that simply asked a question. Save the sarcasim for your friends.
Old 09-01-2008, 02:38 AM
562cobra
5th Gear Member

hahahaha. friends???

Quick Reply: Fuzz Busters