General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

AOD question

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2008, 12:36 PM
rebel_yell
2nd Gear Member

Default AOD question

ok i know this isnt a mustang but i just got myself a 90 thunderbird SC and everyhtings kool it only has 110k miles but the trans does some weird stuff sometimes it will occasionally driving down the road come out of gear almost like its low on fluid but everytime i check it is ffull and the fluid looks ok. im thinking i should change the filter and do a flush and hopefully it will fix it. or am i going to need to buy a tranny.......it drives perfect other than that happening occasionally and im always just cruising down the road. then when it goes back tog er and drive no problems shifts fine and all....oh and the reason im asking on here is because SCCOA (super coupe club of america) is worthless.
Old 11-24-2008, 07:00 PM
cottoncandymustang
1st Gear Member

look at the fluid it when you have it in park and running and if it has any signs of oxidation thats a good indication that you tranny has a short future and look at the trans fluid close to see if it looks burnt if it is (and it will look like motor oil) thats not a good sign either. but you can change the trans fluid and have it flushed if youd like but if it has alot of bubbles on the dip stick your just gonna prolong the short future of that automatic over drive