General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Over the Counter Seat Covers

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 10:54 AM
Leadfoot
2nd Gear Member

Default Over the Counter Seat Covers

I am so tired of my behind getting singed by the leather seats be it from the sun or the freezing weather and want to get some inexpensive seat covers.

I found some reasonably priced ones at Walmart that were really cute. I think they were made by Bell. The box says universal fit, but the GT's seats seem really wide in comparison to other cars. I wrote down the website for the manufacturer but misplaced them at the present.

Would anybody have a clue? I really don't want to purchase them and take them back. The return lines are usually long and would rather avoid them.

Old 07-22-2005, 11:36 AM
jaykav99

Default RE: Over the Counter Seat Covers

i have bought some cheap covers from walmart to cover my leather seats in an accord they are universal fit cause they have really cheap elastic straps that connect to each other by a even cheap plastic clip. If u want to cover ur leather just pay the money and get some custom seat covers, ones i found run around 200 for front seats.
Old 07-22-2005, 11:57 AM
ToplessGT
3rd Gear Member

Yeah, I know what you mean...I leave the top down for more than 5 minutes in this blazin' sun and my black leather seats would probaly fry and egg!! I really dont like my leather seats, have to take care of them- keep them condition and skin tends to rip if your sweating-really a pain. Let me know who you go through for seat covers, I was looking around for some nice ones, but not wanting to spend much mainly because i would like to put the money towards something more important--like a supercharger or something....
Old 07-22-2005, 12:36 PM
GreyStang
5th Gear Member

I'm shopping for seatcovers right now too. Yea those black leather seats aren't ment to be sat on while wearing sorts & the sun's heated them up to boiling levels..

Check this site I'm thinking to get a set from them.
Old 07-22-2005, 04:48 PM
justingt
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: jaykav99

i have bought some cheap covers from walmart to cover my leather seats in an accord they are universal fit cause they have really cheap elastic straps that connect to each other by a even cheap plastic clip. If u want to cover ur leather just pay the money and get some custom seat covers, ones i found run around 200 for front seats.
[sm=exactly.gif][sm=closed.gif]
Old 07-22-2005, 09:28 PM
Leadfoot
2nd Gear Member

I checked out the site as suggested. They aren't cute like the ones at Wally World. The ones I want had a big red cherry on it or paw prints that resemble our school mascot - a bear. They aren't supposed to last forever.

Not only that, they are $18 bucks apiece. I know the rule, you get what you pay for.
Old 07-22-2005, 09:44 PM
Lazarus

Check out ebay. They always have custom seat covers cheap. They fit each type of car individually so that you don't have to worry about them being too small.