General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Raxiom smoked projector headlights 99-04

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2015, 10:04 PM
Pitcock116

Exclamation Raxiom smoked projector headlights 99-04

Hey everyone 😎 first time asking for some help on my car but I just bought Raxiom smoked projector headlights and they look great and all but I have NOOO clue on how your supposed to adjust the bulbs on these lights and at the moment the low beams are pointed like 4 feet out infront of my car so they're basically useless, the high beams are good though but the lows need adjusted. I also don't know how to change the stock H1 & H7 bulbs out that came with the headlight due to not having room to get to the bulb, soo if anyone has any experience with this particular headlight set-up and want to shed some information with me it would be greatly appreciated!
Old 02-03-2015, 01:00 AM
99GTvert
is my username.

Do they have adjustment screws like the stock light assembly?
Old 02-04-2015, 01:27 PM
Pitcock116

Originally Posted by 99GTvert
Do they have adjustment screws like the stock light assembly?
They look like this from behind, im not sure if those two silver screws are adjustment screws or not
Old 02-05-2015, 09:53 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Originally Posted by Pitcock116
Hey everyone 😎 first time asking for some help on my car but I just bought Raxiom smoked projector headlights and they look great and all but I have NOOO clue on how your supposed to adjust the bulbs on these lights and at the moment the low beams are pointed like 4 feet out infront of my car so they're basically useless, the high beams are good though but the lows need adjusted. I also don't know how to change the stock H1 & H7 bulbs out that came with the headlight due to not having room to get to the bulb, soo if anyone has any experience with this particular headlight set-up and want to shed some information with me it would be greatly appreciated!
They look like this from behind, im not sure if those two silver screws are adjustment screws or not
Hey Pitcock,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble adjusting the Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights!

Luckily, it is fairly easy.

You are correct, the silver screws on the back are the adjustment screws.

I recommend parking the car about 30' away from a wall (at night of course) and adjusting the lights until they are just above knee level.

This should only take you a few minutes once all said and done and it should really help you light the way!

Hope this helps and let me know if you have any questions!

-Will
Old 02-08-2015, 04:42 PM
Pitcock116

Originally Posted by AMWill
Hey Pitcock,

Sorry to hear that you are having trouble adjusting the Raxiom Smoked Projector Headlights!

Luckily, it is fairly easy.

You are correct, the silver screws on the back are the adjustment screws.

I recommend parking the car about 30' away from a wall (at night of course) and adjusting the lights until they are just above knee level.

This should only take you a few minutes once all said and done and it should really help you light the way!

-Will
Hey Will! Thanks for the information ill try to adjust them and get back to you with the results! Furthermore, do you also know how to change the HI and LOW beam bulbs with theses headlights seeing that I only have that little removable cover on the back to get inside and from there it looks like there's no room to pull anything out or get tools in there to work, sorry for all the questions! its just when you spend that much money on headlights you try not to break them haha.. thanks for all your help so far, looking forward to hearing back from you.
Old 02-10-2015, 10:34 AM
AMWill
Former Sponsor

Hey Will! Thanks for the information ill try to adjust them and get back to you with the results! Furthermore, do you also know how to change the HI and LOW beam bulbs with theses headlights seeing that I only have that little removable cover on the back to get inside and from there it looks like there's no room to pull anything out or get tools in there to work, sorry for all the questions! its just when you spend that much money on headlights you try not to break them haha.. thanks for all your help so far, looking forward to hearing back from you.
Hey Pitcock,

Sorry about the delay, I just noticed your reply!

To swap the bulbs you simply need to unscrew the back panel that is covering them and once that is off the bulbs will be easily accessible.

From then all you need to do is pop the stock out, pop the new in, screw the back panel back on and you're done!

-Will
Old 04-23-2015, 06:55 PM
AwwPhooey

Hello Folks- hope you don't mind the thread bump.

Will, can I trouble you for some guidance? I emailed AM support but havent heard back. I purchased some Raxiom headlights from you, and have a couple of install questions.

I just installed and drove at night for the first time, last night. Whoa, had to slowly drive back to the house as they were pointed completely downwards.

That being said, to adjust the high beams up, I'm thinking the high screw is for high beam only, and needs to be loosened (so, counter clockwise) so the top of the high beam light starts coming "back", bringing the beam up. The low screw is for low beam, and needs to be tightened (so, clockwise), so the bottom of the low beam light is pushed forward, bringing the beam up (see pic attached).

Am I off base here?

Also, that high beam light is near impossible to get to, and the retaining pin looks really convoluted (meaning, once it pops off there's no way you are getting it back on). Any guidance on that?

Thanks in advance for the help,
Phoo