General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Body works upgrade (?) worth it...or not...

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 03:44 PM
Devil 505

Cool Body works upgrade (?) worth it...or not...

Hey all,
So I have my 05 GT, and have an opportunity to i suppose, upgrade body with after market body parts.
I'd like to hear if you guys/gals think it's worth it.
I have the chance to buy up a complete shelby body kit for $ 4k from a friend who has given up on his track car.
Now, do you think it's worth it ? It'll certainly make a huge difference in appearance, and my one other friend is owner operator of a body shop. We're going to keep the ford REDFIRE color, and add the 2 black racing stripes nose to tail....
Thoughts ?
PS. I'm in western canada and the price is in CAD !

Thanks for all input !

Frank.
Old 10-19-2016, 09:25 PM
proeagles
4th Gear Member

I had a 2007 Shelby and the only body kit was the side vents, stripes, riveted hood scoop, hood tie downs, and billet grill. No way is that worth $4K. I did have a Hurst shifter too which was nice, but part of the "body kit". In the final analysis, what matters is totally up to you. If you like it, do it. Who cares what anyone else thinks!
Old 10-25-2016, 06:46 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

So 4K Canadian, eh? That works out to what? Aboot tree fiddy American?

As to the question of if it's worth it, only you can answer that. Will spending 4k to upgrade the look of your ride give you 4k+ worth of hard on?
Old 10-26-2016, 03:17 PM
Z28KLR
4th Gear Member

$4K (in any non-3rd world nation currency) is a lot for ANY body kit. Which Shelby model are we talkin' about anyway?
Old 10-27-2016, 03:28 PM
Mikie13

I just don't think spending that would be worth it. You can do so much else to your car for that amount of money, and even use $1000 of that on other visuals to make a great looking car.

but...if that's what you want and the look you are going for, then by all means go for it.