General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

HVAC stuck on Defroster

Search this Thread

Old 11-26-2016, 07:12 PM
Algreen

Default HVAC stuck on Defroster

Hi all,
New to the forum and new to my 2001 GT. Since I picked up the car, the blower will only send air out of the defroster. Some quick research indicates it's a vacuum issue, so I took apart the dash and traced the vacuum line to the intake manifold and everything appears to be connected. A/C works, fan speed works, but selector dial for HVAC direction does nothing.

What am I missing? Thanks
Old 11-26-2016, 08:43 PM
Urambo Tauro
3rd Gear Member

Welcome!

Check under the hood. I had the same thing happen to me just a few weeks ago and found a broken line at my car's vacuum tree.
Old 11-26-2016, 10:10 PM
Algreen

Originally Posted by Urambo Tauro
Welcome!

Check under the hood. I had the same thing happen to me just a few weeks ago and found a broken line at my car's vacuum tree.
Thanks. Checked under the hood and didn't see a vacuum tree. This is a supercharged 2001, so it may have been removed if it was there. I should start with a vacuum map.
Old 11-28-2016, 10:22 PM
Algreen

Is there one or two vacuum lines going from the engine bay to the HVAC system? I traced the black plastic line passing through the firewall to the vacuum reservoir near the glovebox and it seems to be fine.