General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

06 gt mustang convertible...small issues

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 02:18 PM
Fourwheelhorseman

Default 06 gt mustang convertible...small issues

i just got an 06 gt convertible, with 80 k miles, it's very clean and runs nice. I have a few issues with it though, issue 1... I have a dead spot in the first half inch of applying my gas pedal... I think I may bend the wires like suggested on this form. Issue 2.... I have a weird road noise when I mash it... It's like an engine roar and comes from under the front console / stereo area. Issue 3.... When coming to a complete stop and accelerating hard to moderate there is a light tapping noise for about 2 seconds and it goes away, the noise seems to be coming from the right hand engine Bay Area. However I know that noise travels, so I could be mistaken.
Is this stuff normal to small potatoes? Or should I be concerned?
Thanks
Old 02-10-2017, 06:29 AM
fastbackford351
Foghorn Leghorn

As far as the slack in the gas pedal, I'm not real hip with the 05 & up but I know that on the 99-04 that there is a lot of slack in the line that can be taken up by crawling under the dash, pulling the slack out of the cable and crimping spacers between the pedal and the ball on the end of the cable. In addition to taking out the slack it allowed the throttle to be opened up a lot more. A very worth while mod.

Here's the "how to" link.

https://mustangforums.com/forum/v6-1...tment-fix.html
Old 02-10-2017, 06:38 AM
JimC

The '06 uses drive by wire so there isn't any cable to take up slack like the 99-04.

The throttle lag is normal. A tune will eliminate some of the lag. The "roar" and tapping noise could be from the hangers for the Y pipe. That caused some issues like that on my '06.

It could also be due to fluid loss in the transmission if you have an automatic. Replacing fluid on the 5R55 automatic isn't easy - probably best to take it to the shop because you really need a lift to do the fluid.
Old 02-10-2017, 11:42 AM
Fourwheelhorseman

The roar I hear sounds more like an engine manifold roar....i can hear it when I rev the engine up in neutral and when I'm romping on it in all the automatic gears. It may be normal and I'm not used to it...might need some extra silencer under the carpet if that's the case...