General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

Fox Body VS SN95

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2005, 08:45 PM
waxyourboard
3rd Gear Member

Default RE: Fox Body VS SN95

Why dont you find out from her which one she likes best? Have her go out and test drive both, then let her decide. She's buying the car, after all. Check with insurance as for the rates too, i dont think either of them should be through the roof, at 17 mine cost the same as it would have on a honda civic
Old 11-06-2005, 11:17 PM
Crystal
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: waxyourboard

Why dont you find out from her which one she likes best? Have her go out and test drive both, then let her decide. She's buying the car, after all. Check with insurance as for the rates too, i dont think either of them should be through the roof, at 17 mine cost the same as it would have on a honda civic
I forgot about all the newest safety features like the air bags, anti lock brakes as well as the improved gas mileage with the SN95. I was just thinking that I am finally going to get a car!
Old 11-06-2005, 11:32 PM
waxyourboard
3rd Gear Member

You could always buy mine.... ( http://www.94mustang.mypicgallery.com )

Haha, sorry, shameless plug.
Old 11-06-2005, 11:37 PM
72MachOne99GT
2010 Blue Ball Award Recipient

dont know what everyone else thingks, but most (90%) of teens should not learn to drive with a rwd v8... just isnt the safest thing to do

i learned in my 89 Grand Marquis v8, no alb, no TC, no airbags. fortunately i had no urge to be a speed demon and rarely caught myself doing stupid things..

i know that whenever i have a kid, he/she will get a fwd vehicle with lots of safety features, cause learning to drive a car is one thing

that first winter alone is quite another
Old 11-06-2005, 11:46 PM
Party_kid

I agree with the statement that you can go fast in any car (had a 4banger that ate post 98 vettes for lunch at the drag strip), but the more power you have, the more likely you are to use it at ever occasion possible. (I.E. shooting across the intersection in a really tight break of traffic). I am 17, and am getting a stang in the next 2 months or so I can't be a hypocrit and say it shouldn't happen, but I have also been driving on a hardship liscence since I was 14. Not to say that I have became the perfect drive in 3 years, just saying the stang will be my 5th vehicle and I have learned to respect power from many, many close, and I mean close calls to dying from stupidity (aka jumping hills at 90+ mph, spinning 180 degrees across a interstate median at 100mph, and outrunning the police, not that they wern't waiting at my doorstep with my parents when I got home).
Old 11-07-2005, 12:00 AM
waxyourboard
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 72MachOne99GT

i know that whenever i have a kid, he/she will get a fwd vehicle with lots of safety features, cause learning to drive a car is one thing

that first winter alone is quite another
I actually find fwd vehicles harder to drive than rwd cars, because of torque steer and all that good-ness. But anywho, i still think that you should let her choose whatever car she wants, especially if she's paying for it.

If you can't find the cars she's looking for right away, go to used car dealers (or even new ones) and just ask them to take test drives.. (i used to do that when i was bored).... Just dont let her drive an '05 mustang, or she'll be wanting it, even the 'little' six cylinder lol
Old 11-07-2005, 12:07 AM
Party_kid

Yea. Tq steer is exactly what my teg did to throw my aross the interstate. That combined with falken azenis up fron and bald $5 junk yard specials in the rear promoted a hellavolute of oversteer. Even with the quaife torson LSD. BTW, I vote fox body. Plain old good american sexyness. She'll have car nuts like me chasing her them, lol.
Old 11-07-2005, 12:24 AM
JonBeast

I vote for an SN95....because.....ugh, im ashamed to say this....its a little more.....girlish than a foxbody. Plus it has better safety features and will most likely be more reliable and last longer for her.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:16 AM
DaGGer
4th Gear Member

get her a v6 or a 4 cylinder 5 speed because they aren't that slow if you get one with the dual plugs seeing as how i had a 1993 notch 5 speed, and i currently have a 1990 hatch auto and there is a BIG difference, and if i had a v8 i more than likey would have killed myself now because i do drive my car lites its a race car even though its slow as hell.. personly i would say get a v6 sn95 because they aren't going to be too fast but there fast enough, get good gas milage, have a nice body style look, are reliable, and are pretty good on insurance.
Old 11-07-2005, 01:33 AM
mkspeed26
5th Gear Member

i say let her decide. its her car and shes payin for it. now, onto the whole v6 vs v8 thing. i would have more respect for a v8 car, and drive it more precautiously where i would pound on a beater POS. also, if it is a v8 there is a better chance that the previous owners(s) took better care of it.

Quick Reply: Fox Body VS SN95