General Tech Ask model specific questions in the appropriate category below. All other general questions within.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DashLynx

What Do I Do?!

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2006, 01:14 AM
Greedy
1st Gear Member

Default What Do I Do?!

I'm remakeing the Stang to turn it into a chevy killer, just need some advice on the suspension I should put in it, heres the plan so far: Car-89' GT vert, Engine-347 stroker from T@L engines 400+ HP 400+ TQ fuel injected, Transmission-Rebuilt stock(heavy duty gears?), Rear End- 3.73's, thats the plan for the drivetrain, now what should I do with the wheels, tires, chassis, suspension, exhaust? Any opinions are welcome I'm just looking to build a mean street machine. (expecially the suspension)
Old 02-03-2006, 12:58 PM
Tim37
4th Gear Member

Default RE: What Do I Do?!

first off I would find a hatch or coup body much better for racing.

but as far as suspention a set of moroso trick springs and drag struts and shocks with upper and lower control arms. and remove front sway bar. that should help a lot.

chasie i would put a set of subframe connectors and maybe a small six point roll cage to help stiffen the car.

wheels and tires theres nothing like a set of draglites and drag radials on the stree.

exhaust your standard long tubes with a x or h pipe and good mufflers.
Old 02-05-2006, 02:20 AM
Greedy
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the reply, but I'm not looking for a drag car, I'd prolly only bring it to the track once to see what it will run otherwise it will just be my summer car to have some fun with. I was just gettin tired of gettin beat by ricers and v6's. Just trying to turn it back into a real muscle car. So with that in in mind does that change what you think I should put in it. I get the impression that you think I'm going to the strip with this car.
Old 02-06-2006, 07:44 PM
Greedy
1st Gear Member

C'mon, nobodys got nothing for me, guys tell me what you would do with a 347 stroker in a 89 vert and a few grand to throw into other goodies. Tell me how to make it go fast, take a few corners in the process, hook up good and I will do it.
Old 02-07-2006, 12:01 AM
gt96stang
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Tim37

first off I would find a hatch or coup body much better for racing.

but as far as suspention a set of moroso trick springs and drag struts and shocks with upper and lower control arms. and remove front sway bar. that should help a lot.

chasie i would put a set of subframe connectors and maybe a small six point roll cage to help stiffen the car.

wheels and tires theres nothing like a set of draglites and drag radials on the stree.

exhaust your standard long tubes with a x or h pipe and good mufflers.
If you want street, do everything but the roll cage. Maybe run some regular rims, but still keep some d/r's on it.