Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

!Help! DTC and Dealer Woes

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2006, 03:08 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Default !Help! DTC and Dealer Woes

I posted this in another thread but can't get much technical help without the !Help! tags, I think, so... ^_^

------+++++-------

She came back to me today.

I'm quite aggravated as:
1: They didn't fix my radio issue I've been complaining about for MONTHS (Skipper 500)... Said "Unable to replicate, ahaha!"
2: Didn't fix the issue with the steering column making noises (same story as above.)
3: Didn't fix my CEL/Stall issue!
4: (New) Didn't attach the driver side seat bottom, as requested

On that last note, they pulled a code from the car. P0506, I believe "Idle lower than expected."

The suspect is a bad ICV or out of whack computerfoolery.

They say that, before they can work on the car, I have to return the CAI & Exhaust to stock...

Anyone know what might be up here? I don't want to deal with those folks again only to have them say "OK. Here's the issue. We're not fixing it, since your car is modified. Here's another (yeah, I got one today too) $140 bill to get your car back from us."

At least they fixed my door handles and the trim issues I had... But for $140 bucks I coulda bought new trim that's better than OE!

Haha...

-------+++++-------

So for my birthday I got XM and a $140 bill? Suhweet!
Old 04-14-2006, 09:21 AM
Menace
5th Gear Member

Default RE: !Help! DTC and Dealer Woes

They charged you to fix your door handle?
Old 04-14-2006, 02:38 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

No. They charged me for the diagnosis of the check engine light.

So.... Tech help anyone? Please? o.O I'm desparate....
Old 04-15-2006, 03:58 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

Come on, guys....

Doesn't anyone have a clue?
Old 04-15-2006, 04:00 AM
93BlackNotch
2nd Gear Member

3year 36000mile bumper to bumper warranty... They shouldn't be charging you for anything, it should all be covered under warranty... I would call Ford or try to talk to a manager.... Good luck
Old 04-15-2006, 04:11 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

He told me when I dropped off the car that if it was the mods suspected as the issue they would charge me the fee.

Frankly, I don't care. I got pockets (when I need to, courtesy of family). That's the reason I have the car.

I'm just aggravated because what I don't have is time. Time returning my car to stock. Time without my car (3 days this month, 3 days 6months ago, 2 days a month before that, and now more days for them to fix what they didn't fix and all)... I just want to know what the **** the problem is so I can stay away from their service bay. I'll replace whatever the bad component is myself and be done with it.
Old 04-15-2006, 02:02 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

well, if you now any good mec shops; since ur paying out of ur pocket, you could try one of them.
Old 04-15-2006, 03:12 PM
2k05gt
4th Gear Member

I don't see any mods that should be a problem,

-Diablosport Predator (Flash it back to Stock-them tell them Disconnected the battery to clear the code, but it came back)
-Steeda "Sport" Springs (Springs will not throw Engine Codes so Forget these, Leave them)
-SLP Loudmouth Axle-Backs (Axle-Backs will not affect the engine code, leave them)
-K&N "Aircharger" CAI (This is a sticky mod for Ford, I would remove it and put the stock airbox back on 20 min easy)

this would take you 30 min to put it back to a state ford should like.

Read about my Delema With ford warranty this week, I learned that Ford Can charge you for diags if the Mods caused or contributed to the problem, But they have to prove it, so don't worry about it is you take care of the things I lay-out above you'll be fine.

Go to SEMA.ORG Consumer Protection

I found this book at the Book Store Car Hacks & Mods For Dummies this is good stuff for a dummie like me :-)

Good article - http://mach1review.com/Magnuson-MossWarrantyAct.html

I have learned alot this week, one thing I learned is to not loose your temper, try to rationalize with facts, look for Pattern failures (TSB and recalls) if they still won't help, try calling the company that makes the Mods in question at ford, have a copy of the Magnuson-Moss Act, The service Advisor does not know this Law, but the Service Manager has a copy and knows it very well, he will also know how to use the wording against you (because I don't know this leagle mumbo-jumbo) DO NOT THREATEN THE SERVICE MANAGER UNLESS ALL ELSE FAILS. call Ford Corporate log a complaint. Or Find another Dealer, one that sells performance Mustangs (Saleen Steeda and Roush) or go to a dealer that you purchased cars from, they are more likley to help repeat customers.

Hope this helps, My Pain your Gain :-)

Old 04-15-2006, 04:48 PM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

The dealer I bought from is a solid 2hrs from my house... I got my car back in early May 2005.
Old 04-17-2006, 03:08 AM
GGIII
3rd Gear Member

So does anyone have a clue on the tech side?

o.O I could really use some help... Certainly this is a bit more important than the "What is the bestest (lol) GT color" thread?

Quick Reply: !Help! DTC and Dealer Woes