Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

2005 GT vs. 2005 C6

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2006, 03:56 PM
undefeated
4th Gear Member

Default RE: 2005 GT vs. 2005 C6

ORIGINAL: 05MidBlueGT

Correct. You will need forced induction, with a high-end set u to get near the LSX vette. Remember, stock, we're still slower then the old LS1 Camaro.
I've raced one and driven one. I have to disagree.
Old 06-21-2006, 05:22 PM
Stang Skeleton
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sleeper05

i love how exaggeratedly optimistic everyone is about hanging with a vette! (kidding of course). they are a mass produced consumer car as well; they are not god
+1
Old 06-21-2006, 06:03 PM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Sleeper05

i love how exaggeratedly optimistic everyone is about hanging with a vette! (kidding of course). they are a mass produced consumer car as well; they are not god

Your right about that..but if I am not mistaken the C6 Vette is the fastest American car that you can find with a A4 transmission....
Old 06-21-2006, 08:02 PM
Daniel60
5th Gear Member

NOw dog gone it that's what I like hearing. Chevy sucks donkey !
ORIGINAL: Tmack

The Shelby GT500 does not have a snowballs chance in hell of beating the C6 in a strait race. For some odd reason the new Shelby may have 500+ horsepower, but it is slow. It may be because it's too heavy (especially in front) and the gears are too high. Not to brag, but I raced a new C6 several times in my Saleen S281 SC and we were always dead even. A few aftermarket mods and he would be in my rear view mirror.
Old 06-21-2006, 10:17 PM
classj
4th Gear Member

I think that a properly supercharged GT would do it in a straight line. Putting down 475-500hp at the tires with a weight of no more than 3550Lbs. Most vettes struggle to see low 12's. At englishtown I saw a few stockers running mid to high 12s.

But you still have the issues that the vette is a supirior car in alot of other ways. But I still say the mustang is more fun to drive than a normal C6.

Forget about the GT500. I would rather start with a GT. Too much weight for what they added!

The Gt-500 is the collectors car and nice for fun. But I still say that the modified GT's are where the performance lies.
Old 06-21-2006, 11:37 PM
Andys06GT
2nd Gear Member

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/...a822708a8d47d8

go there. pushes to a 5.2l, or they have a 5.0 stroker rotatin assem. they might be costly, sure, but that's some N/A power to destroy an s/c gt out there. things sweet. im cancelin the s/c idea just to stay n/a with one of these. and they're cheaper....
Old 06-22-2006, 12:24 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Andys06GT

http://www.seanhylandmotorsport.com/...a822708a8d47d8

go there. pushes to a 5.2l, or they have a 5.0 stroker rotatin assem. they might be costly, sure, but that's some N/A power to destroy an s/c gt out there. things sweet. im cancelin the s/c idea just to stay n/a with one of these. and they're cheaper....
Please do your research before you go that route. Here's a little tip for you - try to find ANYONE running with SHM motors are even their stroker kit rotating assembly in an S197 to give you feedback. Good luck - there products are JUNK - IMHO.

Old 06-22-2006, 12:31 AM
chevykiller
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: undefeated

ORIGINAL: peteypete

So what do you guys think it would take to smoke a C6 vette, without going the forced induction route? I think it should be our civic duty as mustang enthusiasts to aspire to be the top dog in the struggle for american muscle dominance. ( sorry if that was too much-gettin a little lit!)
It would take an awful lot to beat one. To smoke one would be impossible without some type of power adder I believe. I honestly think it would take about 500+ horsepower and complete suspension overhaul to beat the coupe and about 600+hp with the suspension to beat the Z06. We would basically have to build a Corvette(a car that sits low, has top of the line suspension and has a lot of meat for traction). The reason for so much power is because of the weight difference AND the way those things hook compared to ours. If we added the power to beat one, the suspension and traction issues would surface. In other words, order your crate engine and suspension upgrades now.
I only disagree with some of your guesses on numbers. Before I went down for the rebuild, I was putting down 526 rwhp on the stock motor with a vortech h/o kit at 14 psi. I WALKED all 4 of the new Z06's I raced at the track. Traction was always THEIR problem, not mine. The actually pulled hard after 3rd gear, but the race was over at the 60'. They have a HARD time getting traction off the line - even with DR's. Of course my car is/was built to hook like mad but it didn't take much to get it that way.
Old 06-22-2006, 12:37 AM
MrRogers
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chevykiller

ORIGINAL: undefeated

ORIGINAL: peteypete

So what do you guys think it would take to smoke a C6 vette, without going the forced induction route? I think it should be our civic duty as mustang enthusiasts to aspire to be the top dog in the struggle for american muscle dominance. ( sorry if that was too much-gettin a little lit!)
It would take an awful lot to beat one. To smoke one would be impossible without some type of power adder I believe. I honestly think it would take about 500+ horsepower and complete suspension overhaul to beat the coupe and about 600+hp with the suspension to beat the Z06. We would basically have to build a Corvette(a car that sits low, has top of the line suspension and has a lot of meat for traction). The reason for so much power is because of the weight difference AND the way those things hook compared to ours. If we added the power to beat one, the suspension and traction issues would surface. In other words, order your crate engine and suspension upgrades now.
I only disagree with some of your guesses on numbers. Before I went down for the rebuild, I was putting down 526 rwhp on the stock motor with a vortech h/o kit at 14 psi. I WALKED all 4 of the new Z06's I raced at the track. Traction was always THEIR problem, not mine. The actually pulled hard after 3rd gear, but the race was over at the 60'. They have a HARD time getting traction off the line - even with DR's. Of course my car is/was built to hook like mad but it didn't take much to get it that way.
What do you do in the 1/4?
Old 06-22-2006, 12:53 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

I WALKED all 4 of the new Z06's I raced at the track.
Not doubting you in the least, but you saw 4 ZO6 vettes in one day in one place? Was it a meet or something?

I have seen one so far and am surprised at how few I see considering the high end machinery that normally roams the streets around here.

Quick Reply: 2005 GT vs. 2005 C6