Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

HELP! I f'd up and bought a GT!

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2006, 11:40 PM
sektowinsyou

Default HELP! I f'd up and bought a GT!

Dont let the subject fool you, I recently bought a Black 06 GT AUTO coupe... the car is freakin awesome but i rushed the buy! I really wanna get the 07 shelby cobra instead! I payed just under 28k for it and its got a little over 1,000 miles on it so its in brand new condition for the most part. It was a big F up on my part but what would be the best way to go about doing this?? Dealer will prolly give me jack **** for the car just because of depreciation once its off the lot.. private sell the only way then ? What would u do ?? Thanks!
Old 06-25-2006, 11:46 PM
Sonic Boom NH
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: HELP! I f'd up and bought a GT!

Two options I can think of, first hold on to it for a year and wait for the hype to get over on the Shelby so you can hopefully purchase one closer to MSRP. That would mean keep the miles very low on your GT and you might get payoff for it or a bit better for a trade.

Second option, hold on to it and keep the miles very low and privately sale it in a year, again waiting for the hype to get over on the Shelby…
Old 06-25-2006, 11:54 PM
sektowinsyou

not a bad idea although the GT is currently my daily driver so keeping mileage low for a yr could be an issue. I shouldnt have more than 10k in 12 months anyway so i should still be good. Thanks for ur input bro!
Old 06-25-2006, 11:56 PM
LEJAY
I ♥ Acer

You have already STATED your problem, and there are no easy "outs". Personally, I feel, like many others........ the SHELBY is overpriced / and overrated.

If you want one that BAD, pay the price, take the hit on the GT, and stop bitchin' about your "screw up". You compounded your problem by buying an "auto" anyway

One more time, THERE ARE NO EZ OUTS !!!!!!!!!! DEAL WITH IT
Old 06-25-2006, 11:58 PM
sektowinsyou

not lookin for an "EZ out" just possible options.
Old 06-25-2006, 11:58 PM
EJD05GT
2nd Gear Member

Sell it privately and get ready to get raped at the dealership for the Shelby.
-E
Old 06-26-2006, 12:01 AM
sektowinsyou

i wasnt aware the mark up would be so high.. im hearing 50's-60's for base price. Looks like ill have to wait a bit. Thanks for the help guys.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:08 AM
BoidMorphs
3rd Gear Member

Mod the sh*t out of your GT so it's actually better than the GT500 and then go race one, beat it, and laugh at how much money you saved. I'm not gonna put down the GT500 (that would be blasphemy) but I also think initially it's going to be way to pricy. I'd wait a year or two for the fever to die down. By that time there will be a new toy for sale that's badder.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:10 AM
classj
4th Gear Member

I think the shelby is overpriced at close to 44 grand. But the dealers around here are looking to get like 60-65K. At that price, you have to really love mustangs.
Old 06-26-2006, 12:16 AM
sektowinsyou

As far as modding i've got CAI and Flowmasters 40 series originals, im sort of iffy on the modding out more than that because of the warrenty coverage. i dont want a dealer bull****ting me that my mod was the cause of some mechanical problem thatll cost me lots of $$$$$ to fix. IF it werent for that problem, ID love to mod the hell out of the GT and later on throw a 3d Carbon ricer boy or even shelby kit on there. hehe

Quick Reply: HELP! I f'd up and bought a GT!