Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Run with SRT-4!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-24-2006, 04:05 AM
blackout
5th Gear Member

Default RE: Run with 350Z

These neon kids need to shut their mouths and most of them are probably 16 years old and think they are badass because they have a car that can go fast from a roll. I think it's time for all you neon kids to go back to your forums unless your here to read about how cool mustangs are which you guys know because you are here and not how gay a neon is.

Nobody here has been bagging on neons until you kids came in here in our forums, now either go back home or shut your mouths about being a faster car and be nice. With money any car can be fast and if you wanna show off go ahead and give some proof not you story line.

Old 09-24-2006, 04:24 AM
Ubergeist
1st Gear Member

My 2004 SRT-4 Bone Stock 14.1@99 2.1 60'

My 2006 Mustang GT Manual Bone stock 14.0@100 2.1 60'

And yes I had more seat time in the SRT-4 before I ran it. I had my stang only for 400miles and that was the 1st time me getting on it. lol.

The true avg for a stock SRT-4 is around 14.2-14.4@97-100. That 13.6-13.8@101-104? I have never seen it stock. And from what I see 14.0-14.2@98-100 is the real avg for the s197 stang.

I did however run 13.8@100 in my srt-4 with just solidmotor mounts and a STS. 2.0 60'.

However every stock SRT-4 I raced at the track that day(was a srt-4 vs mustang day) I beat. And I lost to every modded one. Slightly to heavy. I had 4 cars on one out of the hole and he ran me down and beat me by a bumper. He gained some serious ground from 60-85, then his pull died down.

I also raced the SRT-4 that doodad raced on his 13.6 run on the highway. That SRT-4 ran 12.94@104 on slicks.

60mph roll
1st time- downshifted to 4th, I got raped.
2nd time downshift to 3rd a pull a half a car instantly and pull real hard on him( to find out he missed a gear)
3rd time- 3rd gear again, I pull a half a car then when we let off at about 110, he has a half- 2/3 a car on me.

Long story short. Stock for stock, as you can see in my times Its a drivers race.

Mod for mod, who knows.

Next time I will be at the track, I won't be stock.

I know plently of SRT-4's that would rape our S197s. Even stock turbo srt-4s. There are stock turbo srt-4s in our club trapping 110. And there are afew guys trapping over 120 and in the 11's.
Old 09-24-2006, 05:33 PM
Reef

ORIGINAL: nothsa

These neon kids need to shut their mouths and most of them are probably 16 years old and think they are badass because they have a car that can go fast from a roll. I think it's time for all you neon kids to go back to your forums unless your here to read about how cool mustangs are which you guys know because you are here and not how gay a neon is.

Nobody here has been bagging on neons until you kids came in here in our forums, now either go back home or shut your mouths about being a faster car and be nice. With money any car can be fast and if you wanna show off go ahead and give some proof not you story line.

i didnt come here to sart anything...i love mustangs....but you just proved my point that there is ignorance on both sides......

i pull high 1.9 60 foots with my stock 205/50/17 street tires on my srt....granted i have some upgraded traction parts but considering its still not a bad 60 foot. its unfortunate that the idiots on both sides of the fence have to makle things ****ty for the rest of us.....i will be the first to admit that there are some dumbass srt-4 owners...but there are stupid people everywhere....im 30 years old and have been in the air force for almost 12 years....most of my friends have mustangs (mostly turbo foxbody's)...
Old 09-24-2006, 05:41 PM
Reef

this is for nothsa:

full interior street legal 10 second srt-4......and there are quite a few running 11's on stock turbo....

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/B...EA6C7C6428.htm
Old 09-24-2006, 05:45 PM
SlappyGT
2nd Gear Member

Great Odin's raven! I can't believe this thread is still going on! Guess what? We all love our cars and take offense when someone says their car is faster. So this whole thread is as pointless as male nipples. So can we please just STFU and get over ourselves here? Seriously, this is stupid. Oh, and.....

Old 09-24-2006, 08:57 PM
Mus tang

Default RE: Run with SRT-4!!

ORIGINAL: Menace

This just doesn't sound right... If you hit 5th gear you would be in what... 130+ mph? I doubt that little Neon would have stayed the whole course... Either he had the upgraded turbo and other work done, or you just suck. :T Pick your poison, but I doubt those cars are that fast.
I had an 05 srt-4 and they are pretty damn fast. I had mine bone stock up to 147 @ about 4 am one morning. It did seem like it took a little bit to get there. Even though this car was fast I had to step up to a real car now here I am. I can't wait til my stang's engine is broke in so I can see what she can really do!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 09:10 PM
Mus tang

ORIGINAL: srt_jason

hey guys, I just wanted to share some information with you and by all means I am not trying to bash your cars or anything. I personally love mustangs, but I have noticed a few things in this thread I dont quite agree with. I keep hearing stock for stock a mustang gt will take an srt-4. this is simply not true. I had a stock 04 srt-4 and a buddy has a 99 gt with exhaust and cai. he'd had his car for a while before I got mine and we raced on some empty side roads. I beat him 5 out of 6 times, the last time was a fluke on my part due to some mad wheel spin lol, and he is in no way a bad driver as he runs 14.2's at the track. Now I have a catback exhaust system and run 13.9, which is almost a whole second faster then my other friend with a 95 5.0 gts with cai, exhaust, ignition, plugs, wires, and 3:73 gears running 14.7. Even another friend with an 89 (I think) foxbody 5.0 with gears, header back exhaust, cam, plugs, wires, and cai running 14.9. and just for more proof I came across an 06 gt on the highway one night, i had 3 people in the car he was alone, I left him with no trouble. now like i said Im not trying to bash anyones car here, just thought Id inform you all a bit

oh and for the guy who said this: "If you hit 5th gear you would be in what... 130+ mph? I doubt that little Neon would have stayed the whole course... Either he had the upgraded turbo and other work done, or you just suck. :T Pick your poison, but I doubt those cars are that fast."

the srt will actually keep pulling hard until about 130 and then settle out at 153...so yea, they ARE That fast
Sorry J but SRT-4's don't have Cats because of the turbo the exhaust gets burned again so there is no need. Zing!!!!
Old 09-24-2006, 09:13 PM
Mus tang

Dood
"our cars BARELY pull at 5th gear and srt-4s pulls good on 5th gear! i am surprised how you strated to pull on him at 5th gear.... good kill"

My srt didn't pull in 5th gear, no torque. And driving a front wheel drive car with any kind of horsepower just sucks because of the torque steer.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:14 PM
2006RedGT
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Reef

some of you are sadly mistaken...

ive owned mustangs for years and will always love them....but i am also an owner of an 05 srt-4.....unfortunatlely for the srt-4 crowd there are alot of big mouths and horrible drivers...a good driver in an srt-4 will run 13.8-13.9.....trapping between 100-104 mph.....

my first time at the track in my srt-4 it being bone stock i ran a 14.01 @ 101mph with a 2.3 60 foot...i currently have a larger Front mount intercooler, and a CAI and run consistant 13.50's on street tires and stock boost....i have raced a few 05's from a roll and at the track...now, im not gonna say i murdered them but even from a dig i had them..when it comes to the srt-4 and the 05+ GT's its honestly a drivers race when they are both stock...

LOL GT's run 13.5 stock and can pull low 2/high 1.9's with the 18" tires.
Old 09-24-2006, 09:28 PM
Reef

ORIGINAL: 2006RedGT

ORIGINAL: Reef

some of you are sadly mistaken...

ive owned mustangs for years and will always love them....but i am also an owner of an 05 srt-4.....unfortunatlely for the srt-4 crowd there are alot of big mouths and horrible drivers...a good driver in an srt-4 will run 13.8-13.9.....trapping between 100-104 mph.....

my first time at the track in my srt-4 it being bone stock i ran a 14.01 @ 101mph with a 2.3 60 foot...i currently have a larger Front mount intercooler, and a CAI and run consistant 13.50's on street tires and stock boost....i have raced a few 05's from a roll and at the track...now, im not gonna say i murdered them but even from a dig i had them..when it comes to the srt-4 and the 05+ GT's its honestly a drivers race when they are both stock...

LOL GT's run 13.5 stock and can pull low 2/high 1.9's with the 18" tires.
ive seen very few 05 and newer gt's that are near stock run mid 13's......ive been t many FFW's, and other mustang events and if we are gonna generalize times id say thaat the 05 GT and newer is a low 14 second car with a normal driver and so is the srt-4........you 197 guys are a trip........denial?

Quick Reply: Run with SRT-4!!