Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

bone stock mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2007, 01:41 PM
led_revolver
1st Gear Member

Default RE: bone stock mustang GT

No need for a CAI if hes going F/I

You can throw a supercharger on the completly stock GT if that answres your question. The stock bottom end can handle about 450whp (correct me if im wrong)

But i would upgrade brakes and suspension
Old 11-07-2007, 01:42 PM
Margarita Girl
Is the tide gonna reach my chair?

I think the Steeda cold air intake can be used with the Saleen supercharger.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:48 PM
acstone7
3rd Gear Member

do your homework, check out some mustang shops and see what they feel comfortable installing imo.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:49 PM
blm1278
1st Gear Member

+1 the steeda cai can be used with the saleen s/c, thatis the main reason I bought itinstead of a c&l. I plan to go with the saleen s/c in about a year or two when I can afford it, plusI believe that if I buy my s/c from breenspeed (where I got my cai) they will update my tunes for free.

If I was you Spunky I would go ahead a get the s/c now (whipple or saleen) and then mod for it after.
Old 11-07-2007, 01:51 PM
onederful100
6th Gear Member

i think the best advice we can give you is do more research, wait a while before deciding on SC: twinscrew, centrifugal, turbo, etc. bc you wouldnt want to put in something only to regret it and want something different. i think a lot of us here including myself have done mods only to later change to something better.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:26 PM
SCCAGT
3rd Gear Member

I'd say supercharge it first. Reason being, its gonna give you such a huge grin, you will be content for quite awhile. It sounds like everything else you want to do means a rebuild anyway, so why not get a good strong taste of F/I while you get the cash/time for the rest. Doing all the small mods first will probably leave you still wanting so much more anyway (cause there will almost always be that race against an arrogant fool thatwill make youwish you had more hp, just to show him your taillights).

I dont think some people realize what a difference F/I makes or means.Everything you do afterwards will just add to it even more. But take your time to figure out what you want to do, and when you you have the cash/time to do it. Obviously it would make sense to do it all at once and be done with it. I'm sure most of us dont have that kind of green to throw around all at once.
Old 11-07-2007, 02:50 PM
06Saleen3V
6th Gear Member

As far as superchargers...the three best are whipple, saleen and kenne bell...whipple and saleen seem to be the most abundant on this site and there is lots of help from others regarding these two...
Old 11-07-2007, 03:32 PM
BartSimpson
1st Gear Member

Changing the cam and the heads is going to be very expensive unless you plan to install them yourself. You can get one of the superchargers that have already been mentioned and still get over 400+ rwhp without taking the engine apart. I know that Brenspeed offers a Saleen supercharger kit package that comes with everything you need to give you 540 hp at the crank with reasonable mpg's 22+. Check them out, I think they are having a special or at least same day shipping going on right now. If 540 hp still doesn't satisfy you, then you can add the cam and heads later. If I had the dough, I would definitely get this package this instant!
Old 11-07-2007, 03:57 PM
22kart22
4th Gear Member

Yes. Trust me a cai/tune really adds pep to the stang...If you plan on goin f/i soon, disregard that unless its a saleen blower
Old 11-07-2007, 04:28 PM
SpunkyQ8

Bottom line, i'm looking to easily beat the new Z06 Vette. In other words 650+ daily driving car. Can any body be more specific and tell me the exact parts to be assembled ????

and i do have a deep pocket [8D].

Quick Reply: bone stock mustang GT