Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Line Locks and install kit. Which brand???

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2007, 11:36 AM
07SCGT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Line Locks and install kit. Which brand???

The kit is easy to install, however it is highly reccomended to have the break lines blead by a professional if you don't know what you are doing. Install is about 1-1.5 hours, here's the pics of mine, and as you can see I used braided brake lines because my CAI got in the way but not the intercooler. GMS FTW!!!!!

[IMG]local://upfiles/67698/8E03741F3050487583D18773D6AE8157.jpg[/IMG]

[IMG]local://upfiles/67698/DB86C9C49AFB4F20B8AA7F9B79538144.jpg[/IMG]
Old 11-25-2007, 12:01 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Ok ihave been look at this for a while now and PMP has all of the fittings and such and they have flexible lines....so....

couldnt you get the PMP kit with jegs solenoids and mount just the same as the GMS, you wont have the mounting bracket but i dont see why you have to have the either. It seems like the flexible lines are needed anyway and they are right about the same length as the GMS.

Where is my plan flawed?
Old 11-25-2007, 12:31 PM
hotairgypsy
3rd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: howarmat

Ok ihave been look at this for a while now and PMP has all of the fittings and such and they have flexible lines....so....

couldnt you get the PMP kit with jegs solenoids and mount just the same as the GMS, you wont have the mounting bracket but i dont see why you have to have the either. It seems like the flexible lines are needed anyway and they are right about the same length as the GMS.

Where is my plan flawed?

i was thinking the exact same thing and you save $100 ....i am trying to figure out the downside too. i have the wire and i can get my own switch that looks good inside.
Old 11-25-2007, 02:17 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

I think i have found a winner
Old 11-25-2007, 02:32 PM
TASSY5
2nd Gear Member

I think i have found a winner
And what would that be?
Old 11-25-2007, 04:24 PM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

read above ^^
Old 11-25-2007, 05:40 PM
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

ORIGINAL: TASSY5

ORIGINAL: nineinchnail1024

ORIGINAL: TASSY5

ORIGINAL: 07SCGT

Here is a pic from granatelli's web site, I use the same line locks and it has plenty of room without hitting the intercooler hoses. I would have sent you a pic of mine but 2 things have to happen,
1. Finish my coffee
2. Wash the engine compartment before I take any pictures of it, ( I know how you guys are).
If you want to see a different angle, I will be willing to do a close up from the top down view, just let me know.

I personally went with granatelli motor sports because it's a dual silenoid system, not just 1.

How well does this kit Fi with a CAI mounting in the same area????? I have a C&L CAI
I have the C&L CAI and the new lines will interfere with the heat shield. There are two solutions. You can remove the heat shield, or you can do what I did, use flex brake lines in place of the solid brake lines and route then below the heat shield. Used them several times with no issues.
I see you too are from New Orleans. Where did you get your braided brake lines for your car to go with the Line lock kit? Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,

TASSY5
When I ordered the kit from lethal performance, I simply requested that they send braided lines instead of solid lines if available. I believe the package was drop-shipped direct from Granatelli, but they were happy to oblige.
Old 11-26-2007, 09:39 AM
hotairgypsy
3rd Gear Member

so i guess your paying $100 more for the goldish powdercoating with granatelli
Old 11-26-2007, 02:04 PM
06VistaBlueGT
3rd Gear Member

I have an slp line lock kit from Summit Racing. Never had a problem with it. It is only 1 solenoid so that is a drawback but it is pretty cheap. Has pre-bent lines and all.
here's a link.

http://store.summitracing.com/partde...p;autoview=sku

Here they are in action....

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0lFJgDtZPNg
Old 11-27-2007, 03:47 AM
jcovercash
1st Gear Member

Where is my plan flawed?
I am not 100% sure of the fittings in thes ABS block. I don't know if they are the same as the other end of the line that hooks up to the caliper. If it is then there is a possibility it will work. However our line lengths and fittings are designed to work in the wheel well area and not up in the engine bay. So even if the fittings were right it may not reach properly etc.

Josh

Quick Reply: Line Locks and install kit. Which brand???