Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

? to those with Steeda CAI & Diablo

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2005, 01:56 AM
Steps25

Default RE: ? to those with Steeda CAI & Diablo

Hay Hawgman & everyone... I think I'm the "someone" complaining on another board...

Here was was situation... I have the Steeda CAI, with a Preditor from Steeda. It comes with the "Steeda CAI tune", "Steeda CAI w/ motion plates", & "Factory HP Tune"

I installed the CAI and Steeda Tune and the power was definatley up when WOT. But at 2-3K RPM I had throttle lag. I brought the car to my buddys Dyno stock and back again with the "Steeda CAI tune" for comparison. (posted below) The car ran WAY rich stock. The Steeda tune corrected the A/F mixture and gained HP and TQ. But still the throttle lag. I advanced the timing in the 2-4K parameter to 6%, & it made it a bit better. (I played around..adjusting WOT rich & lean while on the dyno...I could kick the HP up pretty high on the car but it ran too rich, the best setting was the tune from Steeda "Steeda CAI"

Then someone on another board informed me that the revision "R10" is was available for the Steeda/ Predator WARNING: This will only download to a Preditor that boots with a Steeda logo.
If you don't have the Steeda Predator you're going to have to wait about a week for Diablo to put out there own revision. (this is straight from Diablosport, they finally emailed me back)
Anyways the new revision makes the throttle response WAY WAY better!!

Feel free to PM me with questions....I know I was having a bitch of a time gettting people with knowledge on this stuff...guess some of us will have to pave the way.

Attached is a video of one of the first Dyno runs & a copy of the dyno runs for the tune I am actually running in the car.

[IMG][/IMG]

Click...for dyno run
'05 GT Dyno Run

click for '05 GT Diablo Downloads specific to Steeda...C&L etc.
Diablosport Downloads

Old 04-17-2005, 02:06 AM
Steps25

...oh and 1 more thing on a different subject. Someone mentioned to me that they were driving and off went the radio and other electronics. He opened the fuse box under the hood and was able to push in all of the fuses. Sure enough I checked mine and all the fuses were not seated properly. I've heard many others confirm this as well. May want to check yours.
Old 04-17-2005, 02:13 AM
cmenders
1st Gear Member

Now if I could just get that rev10 to load! I keep getting the "Download Failed" when I am using my laptop. Next step is to try it from the home PC.

LOAD, LOAD, LOAD...........[sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Old 04-17-2005, 03:11 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: Steps25

Hay Hawgman & everyone... I think I'm the "someone" complaining on another board...
Are you MikeM on the Mustang Source forum board? If so, then you were the person I was talking about. If not, then add another person to the list.

Well, I actually got my Predator from Diablo. When it boots, it shows the OS splash screen then an 05 Mustang splash screen. So the Diablo tune for the Steeda Preditor isn't going to work for me. Guess I will wait until Diablo puts the Steeda tune for the Diablo product out on line.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:12 AM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: cmenders

Now if I could just get that rev10 to load! I keep getting the "Download Failed" when I am using my laptop. Next step is to try it from the home PC.

LOAD, LOAD, LOAD...........[sm=bounceybounce.gif]
Did you get your Diablo from Steeda and it boot with a Steeda logo? If not, you probably won't get it to load if it is the build for the Predator marketed by Steeda.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:41 AM
cmenders
1st Gear Member

Hey Doc,

The one having the trouble loading was me, Craig (PM's earlier tonight). I did finally get it to load. I had to mess around with the damn baud rate. Just now loaded the tune into the car. Heading out for a test drive right now. Will update when I return in a short while.

Craig
Old 04-17-2005, 01:23 PM
Steps25

1. Nope not Mike... I guess you saw teh thread I had started here...I'm, on so many forums I forget.

2. Yes it has to be the Steeda Predator to get the R10 tune...otherwise you have to wait for Diablos tune

3. I had troubles loading it too. It was quite frustrating. It wouldn't work on my home computer, or my work PC, but it worked on my fathers PC????. Check the instructions from Diablo to be sure the "COM" port setting on your computer matches the COM setting on the Preditor. Also make sure the "Baud Rate" setting matches as well. The instructions on how to do this are with the instructions to download at Diablos website.

-Steve
Old 04-17-2005, 01:24 PM
Steps25

...oops you already got it to load....
Old 04-17-2005, 02:04 PM
cmenders
1st Gear Member

Tune works fine now. Once they get this update out there for all versions of the predator everyone should be in good shape.
Old 04-17-2005, 03:30 PM
hawgman
I ♥ Acer

Hope they hurry. I have a dyno appointment this week.

Quick Reply: ? to those with Steeda CAI & Diablo