Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Tips for "Aluminator"

Search this Thread

Old 09-18-2008, 09:04 PM
allaflhollows

Default Tips for "Aluminator"

Well, I'm new here, yadda yadda. No one cares, I can speak English and I'm not a douche bag. Anyways....

So I'm dropping in a 4.6L DOHC V8 "Aluminator" into an 07' Mustang. I just want some advice on what I need, I have a good idea and I'll be able to do it. (I'm taking some classes at a local college on everything car related)

Right now I have the standard GT with and auto. I've done some things with it and know what I want, a lot more power. I need a manual trans, headers, Roush supercharger, I want an exhaust that is projected out the skirts, and of course the engine.

I was also thinking of a Roush body kit, (my car is black) I think it would look pretty good on there.

Money is not a problem right now since I'm working about 3 jobs and have a lot of cash input and barley any output.

I know I sound like a total "n00b" right now but, I'm starting to get serious about the racing I do. (Legal) Now before you bash me for anything, I know what the hell I'm talking about, I just need some confirmation on how I'm proceeding.

On a side note: Yes, I know how to drive a car. So don't think I can't handle a little power.

Last edited by allaflhollows; 09-18-2008 at 09:06 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:06 PM
CataclysmGT
4th Gear Member

I hope by RoushCharger you mean the TVS..........otherwise that's a waste of a forged engine.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:10 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by CataclysmGT
I hope by RoushCharger you mean the TVS..........otherwise that's a waste of a forged engine.
Totally agree with that..
Old 09-18-2008, 09:12 PM
allaflhollows

Originally Posted by CataclysmGT
You think I'm that stupid to waste 8g's on an engine to not be running around 700hp? Haha.

Edit: When I said a little more power I meant a 400HP increase.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:14 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

is 700hp a daily driver or is this more just a track car? Because one is going to be a lot more expensive than the other
Old 09-18-2008, 09:16 PM
allaflhollows

It'll be more of a track car, 700HP is a little excessive for a daily driver I would think.

I wouldn't be against going up to the local grocery with it though.

Last edited by allaflhollows; 09-18-2008 at 09:20 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:20 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

Yeah, if you want 700 hp as a daily driver it will cost you around 2k-2.5k alone just to keep it cool enough in stop and go traffic, thats why i was asking.

Im just curious why the aluminator? If i were to build my motor again i would definately go with a Livernois 298 stroker motor rated at 1200hp, they stand behind their product 100% and they hand build them 1 at a time rather than an assembly line. Thats just what i have learned from my experience and sharing it with you.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:23 PM
allaflhollows

I like the fact thats its so light being aluminum. Your probably going to laugh but, one of my heroes is Vaughn Gitten Jr. so I am naturally trying to achieve my goal of drifting. Also I can get the employee discount on all Ford and Roush parts. (being apart of Ford)

Let the flaming begin.

Side not: I went to the Ford Engine plant and my god it is amazing. If you are ever in MI and know anyone that works for for I suggest going. You can hand pick your engine off the line and take it home that day, assuming you have the cash to do it.

Last edited by allaflhollows; 09-18-2008 at 09:25 PM.
Old 09-18-2008, 09:27 PM
Hufenstang
4th Gear Member

No flaming from me whatever makes you like your car more then go for it, it is your car!

Livernois uses aluminum blocks too thats why i was asking

http://www.livernoismotorsports.com/...t.phtml?p=1551

Anyways let me get a little list of whats good to do when going for this much power, btw is your car a v6 model or v8?
Old 09-18-2008, 09:28 PM
allaflhollows

Well I'ts a V6 right now but, I have all the wiring harnesses, suspension, and have the GT body kit so its basically a bitch GT.

I really appreciate it.

Quick Reply: Tips for "Aluminator"