Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

JUST GOT MY BAMA 93 RACE TUNE!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 12:22 PM
snkebitel
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by gman73
What Bama tune are you running. I have read different results when it came to Brenspeed vs Bama at the track. One person ran both tunes the same day and was getting the same E.Ts and another person was getting faster times with the Bama tune.
quite interesting thread. I'm very curious!
Old 12-10-2008, 12:38 PM
MadMike1337
2nd Gear Member

i love my race tune to! i was running his torque tune for a while since my race tune made my car ping when i got on it. i was afraid to use it and lazy to call. more or less i was happy witht he torque tune. then i ordered my borla stingers axel backs and figured i would try the race tune again. no ping! i think the mufflers may have relieved something that was causing the ping. i love it the car just wants to go haha!
Old 12-10-2008, 12:59 PM
shoeys08dkcandygt
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by desslok40
A quick note, BAMA chips tune actually slowed me down in 1/4 mile, I think with my 3.73gear ratio the tune is more suited for 1/8 mile racing, street wise BamaChips are the sh*t as they disable the "adaptive throttle response" !!! I use Brenspeed at the track and BAMA on the street.
have you tried the torque tune doug does at the track? ive heard some people saying that his race tune is good but does slow down a lil in the 1/4 mile. and others on here say that his torque tune is better for the drag strip. just what i remember reading in an earlier posts.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:13 PM
johnnyv8
4th Gear Member

The race tune is no good IMO on the track because I can not hold a rev to save my life. W/ his TQ tune, the rev stays perfect. I also get my best time by shifting @ 6500, just throwing that out there.

but his RACE tune is great w/ throttle response, crazy fun.
Old 12-10-2008, 01:40 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

I'd like to know how he makes the throttle response so crazy touchy with the race tune because when I get a dyno tune later I want them to make the throttle the same as doug's race tune.
Old 12-10-2008, 03:52 PM
grampa_stang
4th Gear Member

Maybe the Brenspeed was faster in the 1320 because with the Bama tune loaded...they couldn't handle all the extra HP/TQ and just spun their tires. Oh SNAP!
Old 12-10-2008, 04:12 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Normal driving I prefer the race tune, although I do use the tq tune time to time. At the track I prefer the tune. Again, I use the race tune sometimes. I think the problem with the race tune at the track, especially if you using the race tune, is that it's harder to get a decent launch and 60' time.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:29 PM
beefrits

I use Bama's 87 torque tune when gas is crazy expensive or I'm taking a long road trip across multiple states. It's a good daily driver but the way it doesn't really come on until about 3100RPM is strange. The 91 race tune gets used when gas is more affordable ( no 93 octane gas in Arizona) and it is a beast. First gear goes by in a heartbeat and I fishtail when I speed shift to second on most surfaces. I haven't worked up the guts to powershift yet, but I will. Next step will be 3:90 gears.
Old 12-10-2008, 04:58 PM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by beefrits
I use Bama's 87 torque tune when gas is crazy expensive or I'm taking a long road trip across multiple states. It's a good daily driver but the way it doesn't really come on until about 3100RPM is strange. The 91 race tune gets used when gas is more affordable ( no 93 octane gas in Arizona) and it is a beast. First gear goes by in a heartbeat and I fishtail when I speed shift to second on most surfaces. I haven't worked up the guts to powershift yet, but I will. Next step will be 3:90 gears.
Not to get into a gear thread, but go with FRPP 4.10s instead of 3.90s. You will not be disapointed.
Old 12-10-2008, 06:11 PM
atvcrazy
1st Gear Member

What was that about the brenspeed tune having to be reloaded? If I get their tune will I have to get a new one every month as my car gets slower? Please explain, this is troubling. Im about to get the jlt and tune from them, dont want to waste my money.

Quick Reply: JUST GOT MY BAMA 93 RACE TUNE!!