Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Which Suspension & Braking Kit??

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2009, 08:41 PM
Mellowdien
3rd Gear Member

Default Which Suspension & Braking Kit??

I'll be supercharging my car soon, and seeing how i want a show quality, well-rounded dailydriver, i figured i needed to upgrade the other aspects as well.

I have absolutely no idea where to start when it comes to suspension, springs shocks struts coilover sway bars... somebody help me out, and set me up with a great handling combo?!

For braking i'll most likely be getting the GT500 braking kit. Since i will also be getting its take-off wheels.
Old 02-09-2009, 10:13 PM
clfrye
1st Gear Member

Eibach, Steeda, Roush, and Ford Racing all have good lowering springs

Steeda has shocks and struts at decent prices, don't waste your money on the Tokico D Specs if it is a street car

At a minimum get an adjustable upper control arm and solid lower control arms - to prevent wheel hop and to re-adjust your pinion angle after lowering the car

A beefier rear sway bar

An adjustable panrod - to be able to center the rear end after lowering the car

J&M, Steeda, and BMR all make good quality parts at good prices
Old 02-09-2009, 10:15 PM
BFMacias
2nd Gear Member

Very good idea with the brakes. As for suspension I would look for any type of complete kit. Steeda, Ford Racing, Saleen, Hotchkis, Maximum motorsports, and a few others are all good choices. You really could not go wring with any of them. BMR makes good stuff also. What you will mostly hear from others is their testimonials on only their suspension set ups. And they all would be correct. Find the best deal for you. Some places will even give you a discount for mentioning this sight. I recommend Lethal. DONT BUY FROM RPM OUTLET!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 02-09-2009, 11:07 PM
2007VistaBlueGT
2nd Gear Member

M-2005-FR3 for racing handling pack for the aggressive stance and more stable suspension. Also a MUST for any mods the will lower the car get a set of lower control arms and relocation brackets from CHE (carriage house engineering). I installed these on a Saleen Extreme and wow what a difference.