Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Steeda 90mm CAI/MAF and the Xcal or Pred tune

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 11:09 AM
SpazHairlip
I ♥ Acer

Default Steeda 90mm CAI/MAF and the Xcal or Pred tune

Ok, I just got off the phone with a rep from Steeda because I wanted to pick up their CAI. Well it appears that the new CAI is 90mm MAF not 83mm, and the Diab Pred does not carry a tune for it. The Xcal2 however does. As I was talking to the rep, he said that they should be coming in stock today, but he wasn’t able to tell me a whole lot about the differences between Xcal2 and Diab Pred. I got the impression from him that the Pred was better, however they will not have a tune for the 90mm Steeda for some time.

If I wanted to get the new CAI, I’d have to get the Xcal2 to tune it. I asked the guy if it did other things like change the rev limiter, remove the torque management, etc, but he didn’t think it did the same sort of things as the Diab Pred.

Can anyone give me some input on the Xcal2 and what it is good for, and if you can the new 90mm CAI from Steeda as well.
Old 06-21-2005, 01:55 PM
Zeio
1st Gear Member

Default RE: Steeda 90mm CAI/MAF and the Xcal or Pred tune

I talked to one of the reps at Steeda and didn't come away with the same impression. I think the Xcal2 and the Predator are very similar, and should be fine with either as far as features and performance.

There's a bit in Mustang Monthly this month that says the SCT Xcal2's adjustable parameters include: global spark, fuel tables, idle rpm, WOT fuel, rev and speed limiters, gear ratio, MAF type, traction control disable, fuel injector size, transmission shift points and firmness, tire size, high speed data logging, and more. So that should cover you pretty well, just like the Predator.
Old 06-21-2005, 03:52 PM
SpazHairlip
I ♥ Acer

hmm, maybe the guy you talked to was more knowledgeable then the guy I talked to. At any rate, I'm gonna get the Xcal2 and the Steeda CAI. I just like the Steeda name, plus they have a few other mods I'll get down the line.
Old 06-21-2005, 04:56 PM
SpazHairlip
I ♥ Acer

Ah well I ordered them. They'll be in on Friday, installed on Saturday, and driven like hell on Sunday