Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Got Dyno Tuned Today

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2005, 07:58 PM
DAVE05GT
2nd Gear Member

Default RE: Got Dyno Tuned Today

ORIGINAL: 757GT

Don, you dynoed about as much as me when you were stock. You dynoed more tq stock than I do tuned. Should I be concerned?
I'd say the temp you guys ran at effected your numbers also were you on a mustang dyno?
Old 07-06-2005, 08:14 PM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

ORIGINAL: 757GT

Don, you dynoed about as much as me when you were stock. You dynoed more tq stock than I do tuned. Should I be concerned?
DAVE05GT nailed it, I think... 40 degrees cooler for my pulls than yours.

I pick the car up in a couple hours with the new gears... I'll let you all know then.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:20 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

mine cost $60 for 3 pulls here in Houston. With my mods, i pulled 315RWHP/333TQ and we still had a little more to play with as far as the timing. We decided to stop at that for the time being and wait till my saleen S/C gets put on and then tune/dyno again. hoping for atleast 475RWHP. it should be going on next week or the week afterwards depending on when i can get my car back and the S/C in.

for those of yall that know what happened to my car, the insurance company is still investigating the incident and my car comes out of the shop tomorrow (supposedly)...finally get to get out of this damn 4.6L supercrew
Old 07-06-2005, 08:35 PM
biged3
2nd Gear Member

ORIGINAL: mac10chap

for those of yall that know what happened to my car, the insurance company is still investigating the incident and my car comes out of the shop tomorrow (supposedly)...finally get to get out of this damn 4.6L supercrew
I here you on driving the rental/loaner. I'm in a POS Chevy Cavalier. Hopefully I will have my car back before the weekend.
Old 07-06-2005, 08:44 PM
Fat Nick
I ♥ Acer

they have dynojet
Old 07-06-2005, 08:51 PM
nbk13nw
2nd Gear Member

Hey 757!

Brent down at DTP charges &75.00 for three pulls or 1 hour. He is very familiar with the GT and the CAI's on the market and does great work.
Old 07-06-2005, 09:20 PM
mac10chap
4th Gear Member

hey biged, i feel ya...they tried to stick me in a damn focus and i told them not no but hell no...i split the difference with them and paid the extra money for the truck. i feel a little safer on the highway but this thing is still slow as hell.
Old 07-07-2005, 02:29 AM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

First, in the August issue of 5.0 Mustang and Superfords, it says in an article about Kenne-Bell superchargers that the stock GT shortblock should NOT be taken over 450 rwhp. For anything over that, and this engine can do well over 500 horse modified, you need a custom shortblock with beefier rods, etc. Now a QUESTION for the guys with a Predator tune. Most of you have the CAI kits, the 4:10 gears, headers, blowers and all that. I want to know have any of you put a Predator tune on a stock engine and drivetrain [ Flowmasters, vtrap removed, K&N drop in air filter and underdrive pullys], with 87 octane gas. And if so, could you tell any positive difference to make it worth over $350? The small changes I made dont even require a tune, so the car counts as stock or close to it. Sure like to know the answer to this one. [sm=feedback.gif]
Old 07-07-2005, 02:36 AM
don_w
I ♥ Acer

Check out this thread regarding your question: http://forums.bradbarnett.net/index.php?showtopic=28613

Also, I have heard from many sources that a stock block 4.6L 3V should be limited to 450rwhp. That's why I like the Saleen supercharger... I have seen numbers like 420-430 rwhp at 5psi boost. I like that!!
Old 07-07-2005, 06:08 PM
Redfire
3rd Gear Member

Thanks Don. But no real answers there. lots of comments about CAIs but almost nothing on a Predator tune of a near stock engine. And there were a couple horror storys there. Thats enough to make me put the tune on hold. There are no places to turn to for help around here, so if a canned tune went sour, Ide be cornholed.[]

Quick Reply: Got Dyno Tuned Today