Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Loving the Sound Induction Tube!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2009, 01:45 AM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Thumbs up Loving the Sound Induction Tube!

I have been driving my new 2010 Mustang GT around a lot this week. One thing keeps coming up in my mind. How sweet this engine sounds at full throttle! I mean it is just delicious

Why on earth would anyone want to disable this wonderful sound induction tube?!?!?

How do I make this thing louder! Is it adjustable?

I love it. I love it a lot. Best sounding engine around in my opinion.

Old 12-19-2009, 09:09 AM
Dreamer1
2nd Gear Member

Cool

FastDew.. For myself I think I'm going to be feeling the same way.. It's the sound and feel of the engine that makes this car.. The fact they think of things, like an induction tube. To increase the sound quality while in the cab.. Who thinks of this Sh*t.. I mean really!

Your my hero bud.. Going to be following you around trying to catch up to your modding frenzy.. Don't think I'll be able to afford doing mine, quite as fast as your getting yours up to speed, but many of the same things will be needed as time goes along..

Give us another picture with your new window tint.. You did say you got her tinted didn't you?

Late!

Dreamer1
Old 12-19-2009, 11:46 AM
7up
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by FastDEW
... I mean it is just delicious. ...
lol.

"Delicious" used in a post to describe the sound of an engine.

I'm am on agreeable terms with you, sir!

When I go into the dealer next week for an oil change, I'll ask about CRANKING UP THE VOLUME. (CAPS Lock intentional. )
Old 12-19-2009, 11:57 AM
2010V6Stang
BEWARE! Possible Scammer

Just roll down your windows lol. I even do it in the winter when I want to hear it roar.
Old 12-19-2009, 12:51 PM
Lv XLR8N
2nd Gear Member

I love the way it sounds myself... I also love the way these cars sound with the FRPP Hot Rod Cam's. Expensive tho just to get the sound cuz they dont add much hp.
Old 12-19-2009, 01:49 PM
KcMstang
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Lv XLR8N
I love the way it sounds myself... I also love the way these cars sound with the FRPP Hot Rod Cam's. Expensive tho just to get the sound cuz they dont add much hp.
20hp without head work and 50hp with...not bad numbers for cams that don't require new valve springs. I'm enjoying mine, only cost me $750 or so...I'm still not seeing too many 2010s around my area...ppl start waiting for the 2011 now for the 5.oh!
Old 12-19-2009, 02:06 PM
Lv XLR8N
2nd Gear Member

but if you choose not to install yourself, its about another $300-$500 labor. So total for the 20hp it will cost you $1000 or more. I am not all knocking them, and will eventually end up with them myself...
Old 12-19-2009, 02:29 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by KcMstang
20hp without head work and 50hp with...not bad numbers for cams that don't require new valve springs. I'm enjoying mine, only cost me $750 or so...I'm still not seeing too many 2010s around my area...ppl start waiting for the 2011 now for the 5.oh!
I have heard them on Youtube but of course that doesnt give you the full experience.

How does the idle feel? Is it still smooth in the car, a little lumpy in the car, a little rough in the car or very lumpy in the car?

Thanks.
Old 12-19-2009, 02:32 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Dreamer1
FastDew.. For myself I think I'm going to be feeling the same way.. It's the sound and feel of the engine that makes this car.. The fact they think of things, like an induction tube. To increase the sound quality while in the cab.. Who thinks of this Sh*t.. I mean really!

Your my hero bud.. Going to be following you around trying to catch up to your modding frenzy.. Don't think I'll be able to afford doing mine, quite as fast as your getting yours up to speed, but many of the same things will be needed as time goes along..

Give us another picture with your new window tint.. You did say you got her tinted didn't you?

Late!

Dreamer1
LOL - Thanks. I am slowing down now. It is about where I want at the moment. I love driving this car. It is the most fun I have had on 4 wheels in a long time.

The combo of the Magna Packs and the induction tube is really terrific. It sounds as mean as it feels. Love it!
Old 12-19-2009, 02:33 PM
FastDEW
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 10GTPony
lol.

"Delicious" used in a post to describe the sound of an engine.

I'm am on agreeable terms with you, sir!

When I go into the dealer next week for an oil change, I'll ask about CRANKING UP THE VOLUME. (CAPS Lock intentional. )
How are you likin the 3.73's?

Quick Reply: Loving the Sound Induction Tube!