Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Honest Tune Assessments

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 12:17 AM
NOTSTOCK

Default Honest Tune Assessments

Hey guys,

I'm really close (1 or 2 weeks) to pulling the trigger on a new CAI and tune. I've seen a couple guys have tillman, brenspeed, and JLT tunes. I'm not gonna touch the bama chips topic. I've seen bits and pieces on the boards, but if you all could give a honest assessment of what's good or bad with the tunes so I can make an informed decision that would be great. Thanks for your help.
Old 01-17-2010, 01:50 AM
loudnlow
3rd Gear Member

Brenspeed. Excellent tunes, customer service is second to none, get to talk to knowledgeable a person everytime you dial their number.
Old 01-17-2010, 02:05 AM
gman73
5th Gear Member

Since I have a Diablo, I am limited on my email tunes. I have both Bamachips and Brooksspeed tunes. Eric Brooks from Brooksspeed is an excellent tuner. He use to work for SCT before going out on his own. He doesn't advertise a race, tq, allout or camaro killer tune. He can make adjusts to the tune. His tunes are linear and don't have any strengths or weakness in any RPM range. It's an excellent all around tune.
Old 01-18-2010, 12:24 AM
BL00DSH0T
2nd Gear Member

I got the C&L intake with the BAMA tunes. I didn't have any issues getting it or getting revised tunes. The race tune ran perfect on the dyno and the intake tune combo made it a totally different car. I wouldn't hesitate to get an intake and tune if I had to do it all over again.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:07 PM
NOTSTOCK

Thanks to the guys that have responded! I've seen a couple more threads pop up after this one; asking the same thing. I thought surely there would be a couple more guys out there with some experience to share. Can anyone else help us out? I'm calling to order my JLT CAI with Brenspeed tune tomorrow and just wanted to be well informed. Thanks.
Old 01-20-2010, 06:30 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

does the JLT intake include a space for the sound induction tube?
Old 01-20-2010, 08:45 PM
NOTSTOCK

Originally Posted by Lil_Chef
does the JLT intake include a space for the sound induction tube?
No, the JLT doesn't have the connector for the SIT. The instructions show to remove the SIT and I think that will be fine. I'm sure there will be enough sound coming from CAI to sound good. Although, I probably won't hear it over my exhaust!
Old 01-20-2010, 09:03 PM
Lil_Chef
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by NOTSTOCK
No, the JLT doesn't have the connector for the SIT. The instructions show to remove the SIT and I think that will be fine. I'm sure there will be enough sound coming from CAI to sound good. Although, I probably won't hear it over my exhaust!
i love the tube so much though

would the brenspeed tune work with the steeda intake? or just with the 3 CAI's that they sell at there sight . sorry for the thread jack
Old 01-20-2010, 09:10 PM
NOTSTOCK

Originally Posted by Lil_Chef
i love the tube so much though

would the brenspeed tune work with the steeda intake? or just with the 3 CAI's that they sell at there sight . sorry for the thread jack
Not sure about that. I would call brenspeed to ask. If I had to guess I would say they could modify a tune for most mods.
Old 01-20-2010, 09:20 PM
fast64ranchero
1st Gear Member

Just don't expect too much from a tune and intake, if you do as I did and dyno before and after, you'll get the true numbers, I'm using the stock Ford tune again because I like it best! easier to drive then the 91 and 93 race tune I have, and proved faster on the track..... atleast on my 2010gt

Quick Reply: Honest Tune Assessments