Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

starting my Kenne Bell build

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2010, 09:26 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by onederful100
i'm not sure about KB, but whipple drop ships from whipple no matter where you order from
if you are military, KB does discounts too.
congrats on the SC!
when my buddy ordered his Kenne Bell he got a fire fighter's discount, I think it was 5%. I'm gonna get him to order it for me if he can get the discount again

Originally Posted by BruceH
http://www.blowbyracing.com/kebesu.html

What you save on shipping would probably be eaten up in taxes.
dang, you're right I didn't see the stage 2 on their site anyway.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:32 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

damn, checking out that link with all those Kenne bell superchargers got my heart racing lol...

great choice BTW.

Old 03-08-2010, 09:49 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

The only reason I mentioned bbr is because they are in FL. Just checked their site and all their KB's are out of stock.
That's because they just released the new kit for the camaro. They are having some minor issues and are scrambling to get the parts out the door.

I'm actually getting pissed because I have parts sitting at my house waiting for pickup and parts that I have ordered that are IN STOCK and not shipped.
Old 03-08-2010, 09:50 PM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

http://www.blowbyracing.com/kebesu.html

What you save on shipping would probably be eaten up in taxes.
I tried this route to avoid sales tax. BBR will only sell that kit to someone if they install it at their shop.
Old 03-08-2010, 10:11 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
I tried this route to avoid sales tax. BBR will only sell that kit to someone if they install it at their shop.
oh well, ditch that idea then, I'm installing everything myself.

my only fear is that I'll order the kit just to have them update it and release a liquid cooled version for the GT like they just released for the camaro and shelby. gonna talk to them about that before making the actual order.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:18 AM
Simon1
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by candymanjl

my only fear is that I'll order the kit just to have them update it and release a liquid cooled version for the GT like they just released for the camaro and shelby. gonna talk to them about that before making the actual order.
They answer questions rather quickly when you call them. Best bet is to call around 9 am Pacific or later in the afternoon. Call both lines until it starts ringing.

The install was not difficult, but not easy. Take your time, go page by page, and double check everything after you install it.

Good luck.
Old 03-09-2010, 10:48 AM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Simon1
They answer questions rather quickly when you call them. Best bet is to call around 9 am Pacific or later in the afternoon. Call both lines until it starts ringing.

The install was not difficult, but not easy. Take your time, go page by page, and double check everything after you install it.

Good luck.
thanks, their phones do get tied up quick! I installed one of their kits before on my friend's 04 GT. I agree that it's pretty straightforward, more time consuming than hard. taking our time and double checking things as we went we spread the install out over two days. that included installing a bunch of gauges and misc crap at the same time. I've got a garage and all the tools I would need so it should be fun.
Old 03-09-2010, 02:46 PM
SirKnightTG
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by candymanjl

http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...aro/Camaro.htm

Wow that's pretty awesome. I'm glad to finally see a twin screw for the Camaro. It looks killer and sounds like it'll make a lot of power. They really need to make this new cooled blower for the Mustang.
Old 03-09-2010, 05:21 PM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by SirKnightTG
http://www.kennebell.net/supercharge...aro/Camaro.htm

Wow that's pretty awesome. I'm glad to finally see a twin screw for the Camaro. It looks killer and sounds like it'll make a lot of power. They really need to make this new cooled blower for the Mustang.
the camaro kits are bad ***, lots of room for the huge blowers and for huge power numbers. I'm trying to talk my buddy into getting one for his camaro but he wants to wait until problems start to pop up and his warranty is still good before he does something that voids the warranty.

I talked to Kenne Bell today and they said they're not going to liquid cool the 2.6L blower, just the 2.8L and larger Mammoth kits. I asked him since I didn't want to order the 2.6L to have a liquid version come out 2 weeks later he laughed and said not to worry.
Old 03-09-2010, 07:29 PM
BruceH
5th Gear Member

Last edited by BruceH; 01-02-2011 at 01:59 PM.

Quick Reply: starting my Kenne Bell build