Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

MY hot rod cam installation.................

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2010, 07:10 PM
RSKtakR
1st Gear Member

i just took some video, but since im retarded i forgot my cord at work to get the video from the camera... Chris at BBR is still trying to "fine tune" my tune because i was running into problems w/ it dying while it was in gear or not wanting to idle very well. the last tune he sent me kept the car idling but it would drop to 500 rpms whil in gear.. so we datalogged it and i sent it to him and awaiting results and new tune. BBR's customer service is GREAT and very helpfull.. i will post this video on monday hopefully "if i can figure out how to post it here" and then i will get another video when the car is warmed up fully and on the new tune.. all i have to say is DAMN this thing is loud w/ LT's, o/r h-pipe and corsa's!!! the whole car shakes and i dont even have my solid motor mounts in yet... i got these cams for $725 shipped brand new, but i THINK i got the last of the run that Ford is actually producing. they are having some other company start making them i believe. dyno tune after install some hi-flow cats and get my NANO kit installed will be in a couple weeks.. looking to get around 450whp on the 100shot w/ these cams, and all "bolt on" mods w/ the 3k stall.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:25 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

nice! can't wait to see the vid.
Old 03-19-2010, 07:52 PM
RSKtakR
1st Gear Member

HA!! found my SD card reader.. enjoy!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1GWlPIHoTA
Old 03-19-2010, 09:49 PM
hammeron
6th Gear Member

i don't know if it's the garage, but that is one
of the best sounding cammed cars ever.
Old 03-19-2010, 09:53 PM
RSKtakR
1st Gear Member

its not the garage.. the next video will be OUT of the garage.. its so loud because there arent any cats.. and im sure the corsa's help lol
Old 03-19-2010, 11:26 PM
Marc S
1st Gear Member

Hey that sounds just like my car and I like the color too. Good job!

You should be close to your 450 HP goal with the nitrous. My car made 352 HP on a Dynojet the other day.
Old 03-20-2010, 01:41 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

My God that is muscle car perf#ckingfection dude!!!! I gotta get some of those!! Dont tell us you got the final run of those cams? There has to be more.

Unreal...please post some more vids.

patrick
Old 03-20-2010, 10:06 AM
RSKtakR
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 808muscle
My God that is muscle car perf#ckingfection dude!!!! I gotta get some of those!! Dont tell us you got the final run of those cams? There has to be more.

Unreal...please post some more vids.

patrick
i will post more video's when the weather clears up and i get it out of the garage.. it snowed 4" lastnight here (in mid March in Missouri WTF?) i might get some time to shovel my driveway and get it out and warmed up this weekend though to. i believe i got these at American Muscle, and he said that there WILL me more of these cams, just that Ford wont be making them, just a company that Ford will sub out to make them i think.. but he didnt know when that was going to start.. i just got one of the last sets that they have until the change is over and then the cams might be on back or since know one knows how long it will take for sure.. ?
Old 03-20-2010, 11:00 AM
candymanjl
4th Gear Member

ha ha, love the way those cams sound when I build my motor I think I'll have to get some of those
Old 03-20-2010, 02:08 PM
stealth_GT
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by RSKtakR
it was just easier to pay a shop to do it for me because i didnt really have time.. car sounds great w/ the corsa's, feels great. THE END!! lol let the flamming begin...
lol I don't blame you, unless you know people or have your own shop, those damn tools are pricey. Even if you know people, they may not even let you borrow their stuff. I was about to place an order for cams and tools but the damn tools cost about 25% of the cam price. Luckily the Ford instructor at my university is lending me some.

Cams sound bad ***!

Quick Reply: MY hot rod cam installation.................