Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Any vortech/centri guys with an Auto?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2009, 06:08 PM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

Default Any vortech/centri guys with an Auto?

If so, what are your impressions?? Would you switch to a twin screw if you could do it all over? How is it in terms of driveability at the different phases of driving (around town, WOT, etc.)? 1/4 mi. times? Seems like a lot of stress on the tranny vs. a twin screw, but I could be wrong. Someone school me!!! I am considering Brenspeeds Vortech bc of the price. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 01-06-2009, 08:46 AM
VerginaStang
3rd Gear Member

BUMP!!! No one has a centri on their auto?!?!!
Old 01-06-2009, 08:49 AM
SaddleUp
5th Gear Member

I would be interested in what people who have them have to say as well.....the Vortech and the Paxton Novi.

I had my mind made up on a twin screw, but I am now wavering. Maybe a centrifugal might be a worthwhile consideration for my car?
Old 01-06-2009, 09:38 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

I'm trying to remember who has one on an auto.........Anyway, it all depends on how you want the power/boost aplyed. Both work well on autos, the CF type of SC builds up boost over the RPM range where as the TS type of SC builds boost instantly. So you have to ask yourself this question: "Am I a red light to red light racer" or "Am I a in it for the distance racer'? If you answer "A" get a TS if your answer is "B" get the CF.

My girlfreind has a Roush TS/SC on her 07 auto and I love it! (In fact I'm driving it for the week right now) She has 3.73 gears with it and the car is totaly under control when your in boost.

Last edited by CutterWolf; 01-06-2009 at 09:42 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:42 AM
Atlanta_Tider
2nd Gear Member

If you want to feel the power right away TS is the only way to go. A few months ago a guy in our club put his 05 5 sp with a procharger for sale. All he kept talking about was 500 hp this, 500 hp that. Well I went for a test drive one night because I was contemplating buying it or a Terminator. From the 1st time I matted it in 1st gear I was unimpressed. Next thing I know I see a brand new C6 with dealer tags on it and this guy is like lets take out this Vette. That Vette spanked this cars but from a 10 mph roll.

A friend of mine has an 03 Cobra with 520 hp, stage 4 ported Eaton. I love the instant power of boost right away, there is no substitute for it in my opinion.

With my auto a new Kenne Bell is the only thing I thought about putting on it. The auto has enough lag on the bottom end to where I think personally I would feel bored with a centri, I want torque and I want it now.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:46 AM
CutterWolf
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Atlanta_Tider
If you want to feel the power right away TS is the only way to go. A few months ago a guy in our club put his 05 5 sp with a procharger for sale. All he kept talking about was 500 hp this, 500 hp that. Well I went for a test drive one night because I was contemplating buying it or a Terminator. From the 1st time I matted it in 1st gear I was unimpressed. Next thing I know I see a brand new C6 with dealer tags on it and this guy is like lets take out this Vette. That Vette spanked this cars but from a 10 mph roll.

A friend of mine has an 03 Cobra with 520 hp, stage 4 ported Eaton. I love the instant power of boost right away, there is no substitute for it in my opinion.

With my auto a new Kenne Bell is the only thing I thought about putting on it. The auto has enough lag on the bottom end to where I think personally I would feel bored with a centri, I want torque and I want it now.
Bro, you need to find a shop over there that can hook us both up with KB's! I really have my heart set on a 2.6L KB
Old 01-06-2009, 09:49 AM
Atlanta_Tider
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by CutterWolf
Bro, you need to find a shop over there that can hook us both up with KB's! I really have my heart set on a 2.6L KB
Who needs a shop, we install them ourselves! We are putting the mammoth kit on the Cobra, that thing is going to be just dumb to drive! Its fun now with 500+ hp I cannot imagine it with this new blower. Good thing he has a cage in it already and solid rear axle. And his block and internals are more than capable.

With the 3V I wouldn't buy anything like that!

As of now I had a dental emergency this morning that just put all car plans on hold until further notice.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:50 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

JC's 03 is BAD!!! It is running around 17-19psi as soon as he is stepping on the gas...and now that it's been cold out out, he told me it's been in the 19psi range more often.

I love my Vortech HO S/C, but can honestly say that if I were to start all over again TODAY, I would be installing the Whipple on my car.
Old 01-06-2009, 09:52 AM
05 Mustang
6th Gear Member

Who needs a shop, we install them ourselves! We are putting the mammoth kit on the Cobra, that thing is going to be just dumb to drive! Its fun now with 500+ hp I cannot imagine it with this new blower. Good thing he has a cage in it already and solid rear axle. And his block and internals are more than capable.

With the 3V I wouldn't buy anything like that!

As of now I had a dental emergency this morning that just put all car plans on hold until further notice.
yeah, I just tried to call you at work and was told that you called in sick this morning....what a bum..LOL!
Old 01-06-2009, 09:54 AM
Atlanta_Tider
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by 05 Mustang
yeah, I just tried to call you at work and was told that you called in sick this morning....what a bum..LOL!
Sorry man, totally unexpected thing happened in the middle of the night with a tooth. You don't want to talk to me right now, whole side of my face is swollen and I sound special on the phone. I'll be in tomorrow for sure and get those prices for you.

Quick Reply: Any vortech/centri guys with an Auto?