Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.
View Poll Results: Are the pictures parts new?
Yes - NEW
9.52%
No - Used
90.48%
Voters: 21. You may not vote on this poll

What say you, ARE THESE PARTS NEW?

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2010, 11:25 PM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

Default What say you, ARE THESE PARTS NEW?

Start Rant...

Bought some parts from a fraud by the member name asci01 or ALL STAR COMPUTERS. Here is what he had for sale in the classifieds section;

Item Condition: Brand New

I bought these parts new and a week later a great deal for a supercharger came across so I can't use
them with the supercharger. I paid $320 for the BBK throttle body, $210 for the Steeda pulleys and $210 for the JLT CAI from Americanmuscle. They will add over 50HP to your Stang.

I'm selling the JLT CAI for $160 OBO plus S/H. It's brand new. Never installed.
The BBK for $220 OBO plus S/H. It's in like new condition. Still in the box
The Steeda UDP for $160 OBO plus S/H. They're in like new condition. Still in the box.

Here's the link if you wish to see for yourself.
https://mustangforums.com/forum/part...lt-steeda.html

HERE however are the pictures of the BRAND/LIKE NEW pieces... DO YOU THINK THESE ARE NEW?

You know, it pains me (more than financially) that in this community of folks that there are such predatory scam artists that know the limits of the system we all respect and they fraudulantly step outside those limits, knowing that they can screw anyone that is naive enough to follow. I'll never by parts from other members on this site now, just knowing out vulnerable one can be by offering up such blind trust. I was screwed and by the rules of Paypal, I have no recourse, NONE. Neither do you with ANY sale whatsoever on this or any other non-marketplace website that is approved by Paypal. NO MATTER WHAT EVIDENCE YOU HAVE, they CANNOT and WILL NOT side with you. Though my frustration is very thoroughly with Paypal on this, it's mostly and predominantly with the dishonest and predatory fraud. Bravo, you screwed a fellow mustanger into buying your junk parts. You are a master your domain. Enjoy your karma... it's coming.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:08 AM
Red Beast
4th Gear Member

damn, im sorry bro, that sucks hard, wish there was some way this situation could be fixed, unfortunatly not much you can do, but you could possibly powdercoat the pulley and make it look better, but i know thats more money then you where planning on spending. btw, you have a beautiful car bro.
Old 08-17-2010, 12:18 AM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Red Beast
damn, im sorry bro, that sucks hard, wish there was some way this situation could be fixed, unfortunatly not much you can do, but you could possibly powdercoat the pulley and make it look better, but i know thats more money then you where planning on spending. btw, you have a beautiful car bro.
Thanks man.... twice. Ya, just sucks to get f'd by someone within a group you thought you could trust. And then come to find out Paypal sides with these a-holes. I don't mind so much about the looks of the pulleys as much as I'm kind of worried about the balance of the pulleys with all those chunks and gouges out of them. Maybe they'll be fine, but they certainly weren't BRAND/LIKE NEW.

Careful everyone, I once loved the fact that we could all trade, reuse and recycle our Mustang parts, but it's d*&#$@*@$s like this that ruin it for everyone. And Paypal will be right at their backing.

Last edited by 6605stang; 08-17-2010 at 12:21 AM.
Old 08-21-2010, 08:01 AM
Boondoggie
1st Gear Member

They look unused... but seem to have suffered while sitting around in someones garage....
Old 08-21-2010, 08:23 AM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

it has been my experience as a seller that paypal always sides with the buyer. That said all the selling i have done has been from eBay so maybe that is the difference. i have had a seller get their money back from PP twice on computer parts and then not even return the parts. PayPal will help a buyer steal straight up from the seller so i would think you have some recourse. Those don't look new to me, maybe they were never installed I don't know, but that is hardly new/like new condition. I would have returned them if i bought from steeda and they showed up looking like that. Are the bolt holes marred like they were installed, the pics i see they appear to have the black paint still new inside them. i would think if they were installed before that paint would be rubbed away inside the bolt holes. Still, if there were no pics with the ad, you now know why.
Old 08-21-2010, 05:12 PM
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

They look unused except for a doorstop.
Looks like they have been stored in a box in a trunk for quite some time.
They have been moved around and damaged that way.
Previously installed, no.
They dont look new.
Did you pay 'NEW PRICE'
Define 'new'.
New condition?
Or just Unused or Uninstalled.

p.s.
the ENTER key is the big one just right of the quotation key...
that way the photos wont extend on out...
Old 08-21-2010, 09:59 PM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Boondoggie
They look unused... but seem to have suffered while sitting around in someones garage....
Please refer to pic 4 and 5 and look at the balancer pulley in the background. Do you NOT SEE the belt wear pattern on the pulley? Seriously. This was a retorical question. These are 100% used.

Originally Posted by ShaneM
it has been my experience as a seller that paypal always sides with the buyer. That said all the selling i have done has been from eBay so maybe that is the difference. i have had a seller get their money back from PP twice on computer parts and then not even return the parts. PayPal will help a buyer steal straight up from the seller so i would think you have some recourse. Those don't look new to me, maybe they were never installed I don't know, but that is hardly new/like new condition. I would have returned them if i bought from steeda and they showed up looking like that. Are the bolt holes marred like they were installed, the pics i see they appear to have the black paint still new inside them. i would think if they were installed before that paint would be rubbed away inside the bolt holes. Still, if there were no pics with the ad, you now know why.
Paypal told me that since Mustangforums.com is not a approved marketplace website, they will 100% EVERYTIME side with the seller. NO EVIDENCE I provided, will be admissible. NO sale on Mustangforums.com will ever be backed by Paypal if the seller can prove delivery. Again, look at pics 4 and 5 ... do uninstalled balancer pulleys have wear patterns?

Originally Posted by 157dB
They look unused except for a doorstop.
Looks like they have been stored in a box in a trunk for quite some time.
They have been moved around and damaged that way.
Previously installed, no.
They dont look new.
Did you pay 'NEW PRICE'
Define 'new'.
New condition?
Or just Unused or Uninstalled.

p.s.
the ENTER key is the big one just right of the quotation key...
that way the photos wont extend on out...
Am I the only one that actually looked at the pictures?! How do you get a belt wear pattern on the secondary pulley without them being installed previously. REALLY people, look at it pics 4 an 5 ... not installed? Again, sold at BRAND NEW/LIKE NEW. "Bought new, didn't install".

PS - the pics looks properly sized to the screen just fine to me.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:03 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

did you fund the paypal account from a credit card by chance? Maybe you can take it up with the credit card company. if you did it from your bank account you are probably out of luck.
Old 08-21-2010, 11:06 PM
6605stang
3rd Gear Member

Originally Posted by ShaneM
did you fund the paypal account from a credit card by chance? Maybe you can take it up with the credit card company. if you did it from your bank account you are probably out of luck.
I KNOW I'm out of luck. That has been determined. My money is gone. I funded it with Paypal resident funds. Claim denied - favor seller. Game over, do not collect $140, do not pass go.
Old 08-22-2010, 04:26 AM
08 Mustangt[GT]

Ripoff......

Quick Reply: What say you, ARE THESE PARTS NEW?