Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Could This Have Hurt My Car?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2011, 07:55 AM
Spdfreak
1st Gear Member

I farted on my way to work the other day. Do I need a new seat?
Old 01-16-2011, 09:56 AM
J2L06GT
2nd Gear Member

Originally Posted by Spdfreak
If it was a wet one, YES!!!!!!!
Old 01-16-2011, 11:10 AM
HypromanGT
3rd Gear Member

Funny to see this kind of thread today, as yesterday I was driving the parents' Focus around and since I wasn't used to the gigantic shift pattern (compared to the MGW shifter in the stang anyway), I went leisurely from 1st to 2nd, and then OOPS back into 1 instead of 3rd! Thankfully I wasn't going too fast or else it would have really screwed the car. I was surprised it even let me into 1st, since it's almost impossible to get the stang to even think about 1st when the car is rolling! Needless to say, I felt like the biggest chump...
Old 01-16-2011, 11:36 AM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Spdfreak
I think there's a TSB for this.
Old 01-16-2011, 04:53 PM
Blacksmoke
The Paranoid One

Not **** Nuke... paranoid.
Gosh get it right already hahaha.

Yeah I am I must admit.
I do have a case of OCD and that is NO lie.

Plus you know my tranny already had to be replaced and I have no damn clue what did the damage to it. I mean I never tracked the bitch or anything.
Friend of mine that is a certified Ford tech and REALLY knows his stangs though
told me these damn transmissions are iffy and sometimes you can get a bad one right off the bat.

When I saw those teeth missing out of mine I just cringed.
I would have bought a stronger tranny instead of replacing it with a stock one
but there was no time. It was an absolute emergency.

To add to my paranoia well... stress adds to it.
I found out two weeks ago the love of my life who I was engaged to... and was
also my best friend is moving 14hrs away from me so logic tells me we are done.

We broke off the engagement almost a year ago but both are still in love with each other. I always thought there would be time for me to make things better and us get our plans of spending our lives together back on track but life really dealt me a blow and I was wrong.

Hard to deal with spending every single day with someone for four years and all of a sudden it is gone. I know this is totally off topic but this kind of stress just makes every single thing in my life seem like it is going to go wrong.

Sorry for the boo hooing.
THAT is not in my nature.

Last edited by Blacksmoke; 01-16-2011 at 08:28 PM.
Old 01-16-2011, 08:00 PM
Time2SHO
1st Gear Member

Wow...sorry to hear that bro, that sucks.
Old 01-17-2011, 07:41 AM
JAMAMAN
2nd Gear Member

My man, I been down that road, so I know a little something about this kind of drama. No offence, but the sooner you think with your head instead of your heart, the better off you will be. Best way to forget about a girl, is to get another girl, OR STANGGGGGGG !!!!! Sorry to hear about your situation

As for this thread, I was driving stick, talking on cell phone, eating a burger, and negotiating traffic. I was decelerating and forgot to push on clutch when gearing down. The sound was just down right retarded and sounded like I was cutting wood with a table saw. The car drove fine and Ill deal with the issue if the car breaks down. My logic is, why worry about something you cant control !!! Take comfort in knowing that you aint got no choice. Good luck
Old 01-17-2011, 08:43 AM
jdmcbride
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by Blacksmoke
Not **** Nuke... paranoid.
Gosh get it right already hahaha.

Yeah I am I must admit.
I do have a case of OCD and that is NO lie.
And he has plans to add boost... God help us all!
Old 01-17-2011, 08:51 AM
highline
4th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jdmcbride
And he has plans to add boost... God help us all!
LOL, how true...OP, your car is *probably* totally fine after this, don't sweat it...Now, take a long drive and figure out the girl situation...I've been there, done that and made the decision I needed to...Long drive AWAY from traffic please, I don't want yo to hit me or the other guy that need a new seat...He's got enough problems...If you hit anyone hit Nuke, his car is f'd up with that switch light an all...
Old 01-17-2011, 11:29 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Oh Black what are we gonna do with you bro? Less coffee/ weed and more beer to relax dude. How can you even enjoy your car with all the worrying?

At the track going for 3rd full throttle missed and got first gear! That got the heart rate over the limit.....but my vehicle was fine. Your good dude.

The girl......good news is she moving away and you dont have to witness her new life which can be painful. Move on, do NOT talk to her on a regular basis and certainly not daily. You are trying to let go here. Meeting new girls, getting laid will do wonders to your state of mind. Your still young, life is not over.......there is so much living to do. Dont allow yourself to get depressed over it. Remember the engagement was broken off a year ago.

Quick Reply: Could This Have Hurt My Car?