Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

My car smells like ass

Search this Thread

Old 05-05-2011, 06:04 PM
JIM5.0
5th Gear Member

Unhappy My car smells like ***

Just like the title says.
And I have no F***ing idea why either. I changed the cabin filter, twice actually.

Each time I changed them, the smell nearly went away. Then, after about 1000mile or so, my AC would blow air that reeks like *** again.

So, this is not a cabin air filter issue, it has to be something else.
Does anyone here have a clue what could the source of my foul smelling AC?
It's really embarrassing when your girlfriends want to say something about it, but they bite their tongues and simply say: "Never mind."
Old 05-05-2011, 06:09 PM
TexasTanker19kilo20
Goldilocks

Is the A/C drain tube clogged? Is there any water in the passenger side floor board? Also did you just happen to drive down 4th street? LOL J/K
Old 05-05-2011, 06:16 PM
BadhandUK

is it a guy's *** or or girl's ***?
Old 05-05-2011, 06:27 PM
BIGPHIL
1st Gear Member

Smells like the AC mold/crap to me. I think they make some spray that you shoot down the vents thats supposed to help kill the mold. But usually if you have the AC running, I have found that before you turn the car off, you turn the AC off and then just run the vents without AC and its supposed to help by removing the potential for mold to happen (do this a couple miles before you get to your destination). When I first got my car, I had the same thing happen...smells like swamp things ***! This fixed mine (didn't have to use the spray though).
Old 05-05-2011, 07:44 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

Make sure you don't have a dead critter in there, or a squirrel making a nest, lol.
Or.... change your diet.

You might have picked up something on the road and it's stuck to your exhaust but it wouldn't last though.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:00 PM
alkemist
5th Gear Member

I don't beat around the bush, I would sure let the person know it smelled like *** in the car.
Old 05-05-2011, 08:04 PM
pdonket
4th Gear Member

Maybe if you weren't hooking up with so many women in the car Jim, jeez.

Lol but really I'd say make sure it doesn't look like a critter got fried somewhere in your engine bay, also try some of that spray for the vents to kill any potential mold, very weird though. Definitely not a fun problem to face.
Old 05-05-2011, 10:06 PM
highline
4th Gear Member

do you have it in a closed garage that's smoked in? It sounds like either trapped smells in/on the condensor or like wisely mentioned above a critter?!?
Old 05-05-2011, 10:53 PM
05xrunner
4th Gear Member

http://www.autogeek.net/auto-air-fresheners.html
try one of the Dakota bombs
Old 05-05-2011, 11:54 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

I have had cars where the ac smells like swamp ***. You should run the ac with fresh only for a while. You prolly have moisture build up in there that has grown mold bacteria etc... When you run your ac on recirculate (non fresh air) that moisture never evaporates and gets real funky. I usually notice it on my work truck after vacation and its been sitting for a week or more. I have read where people spray lysol into the air intake when the ac is on recirculate. Always turn your ac to fresh air before you turn it off too. It will help with the drying.

Quick Reply: My car smells like ass