Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Dodge forums why all the hate on the 5.0

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2011, 02:09 PM
Derf00
Gentleman's Relish

The hate is there because even with 475+ HP the SRT/8 can barely keep up with a 426 HP SS and gets dusted by the 412 HP 5.0. In the twisties, forget it it gets dogged even more by both competitors.

The Challenger is a cruiser. Sound good looks good but costs more for less performance. If I were given a choice only between the Camaro and Challenger, I'd take the Challenger. Not as fast but looks way better. The Camaro just looks...like a cartoon and the body has so much wasted surface space. (fenders flares and all).
Old 05-18-2011, 03:19 PM
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Us Stang owners will typically diss the Camaro and the Challenger. The Challenger owners will diss the Stang and Camaro and the Camaro owners will diss the Stang and Challenger. I like to think of it as "spirited competition".

I'm just pleased to see, to some extent, a muscle car battle. It's been a long, long time...
Old 05-18-2011, 03:30 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

your problem is that you are basing your opinion of an entire group of owners by internet forums.

Believe me, I work at chrysler, anyone who honestly likes cars and isn't some internet fanboy loves mustangs. I mean I own a mustang and I literally got no **** for it, the guys were excited for me, and wanted to see it.

Meet people IRL and you will see things are a bit different than they are online.
Old 05-18-2011, 04:03 PM
Lokota
2nd Gear Member

v6 mustang vs a v6 chally stock for stock, what you think the outcome would be????
Old 05-18-2011, 05:00 PM
pascal
S197 Section Modder-ator

People from all Forums (including this one) that put down a different car and its owner is a douche.
You can't blame someone that buys a different car than yours but if the same guy as an attitude towards your car choice then f*** him because after all, the best car is the one you like.
Old 05-18-2011, 05:04 PM
REDBOSS1
3rd Gear Member

Dollar for dollar I think the GT is actually in the RT category, the base SRT8 is extremely over priced at almost 44k, that is more in the 302 Boss category and it gets completely owned heads up in that fight.
Old 05-18-2011, 08:42 PM
LostBoyz
4th Gear Member

you know it would be pretty boring if there were just mustangs on the road. I decided to get a mustang over the camaro and challenger, but I sure as hell like seeing all of them on the road.
Old 05-18-2011, 09:13 PM
ShaneM
5th Gear Member

my mustang club has a camaro guy in it. hes a nice guy, his car is cool, but even with cams and a tune it gets owned by his sons 5.0 with CAI and a tune.
Old 05-18-2011, 10:17 PM
boomee
2nd Gear Member

have you all ridden in the challanger srt8 392
Old 05-18-2011, 10:47 PM
MadStang40
4th Gear Member

I love Mustangs, and yea I find myself biased towards them. The Challengers are just way too heavy and the visibility and interior design of the Camaro is horrible (I drove my friends around a couple years back). That being said, I can totally appreciate Challengers and Camaros. I love the look of both. But again, you just can't argue with numbers, and the new mustangs are lighter, leaner, nimbler, and quicker than the competition.

I've yet to come in contact with a Camaro or Challenger owner who has held their noses up at the other manufacturers, but I can guarantee they're out there.

OP, you've got to realize that the internet is a haven for trolls and uneducated middle school dropouts who like the feeling they get when arguing with someone online because they know there's no risk in that other guy getting pissed off and in their face. Those guys are the ones who know nothing about their model's history.

Quick Reply: Dodge forums why all the hate on the 5.0