Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 02-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #21
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT
Josh Baker JoshuaDBaker xxPanduh

Quote:
Originally Posted by S197GT07 View Post
Most likely a bit of wishful thinking. You made a mod to the car so you are going to want to feel the difference.

My bama 93 race tune felt amazing in comparison to stock. Threw her on the dyno and it made less power then stock. I just wanted it to be better, but it wasn't.
This is probably due to the fact that Car companies sell cars using flywheel HP and not RWHP...I'm willing to put all the money in my bank account that your RWHP increased with a Bama Race tune because you thought you had 305hp when you really had 260hp.

EDIT: ignore that^ S197GT07...i know you're not an idiot. Thought someone else claimed that. But I still have a hard time believing that.
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!

2015 Ford Mustang GT Premium Triple Yellow - Ordered
2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Screaming Yellow - 1st Car/Soon to be Retired Daily Driver/April '12 ROTM
2003 Ford Mustang Mach 1 Dark Shadow Gray - Gone
2004 Ford Mustang GT Premium Oxford White - Gone

Last edited by bakerjd; 02-10-2012 at 08:16 PM.
bakerjd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2012, 08:17 PM   #22
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by WallyW. View Post
Is it worth it??
From what I hear they make AWESOME paper weights

2006 Ford Mustang GT Premium Screaming Yellow - 1st Car/Soon to be Retired Daily Driver/April '12 ROTM
Old 02-11-2012, 08:34 AM   #23
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmoran1469 View Post
Wait... A tune gave you less HP than stock? Wat?
Yup! Come to find out the tune was using a 87 octane timing table vice the 93 that it was suppose to use. It was also running a point leaner than the stock tune which is why 87 vs 87 the stock tune made more power! It sure as hell felt the other way around!

Quote:
Originally Posted by bakerjd View Post
This is probably due to the fact that Car companies sell cars using flywheel HP and not RWHP...I'm willing to put all the money in my bank account that your RWHP increased with a Bama Race tune because you thought you had 305hp when you really had 260hp.

EDIT: ignore that^ S197GT07...i know you're not an idiot. Thought someone else claimed that. But I still have a hard time believing that.
Thanks for understanding I'm not an idiot. I'll show you the graph dude, its plan and simple. Like i said the bama tune was a point lean which cost me the power, even though it felt much better than stock. Here were my results, in the order that the runs were made.

BAMA Race: 270/292
BAMA Torque: 267/287
Stock: 272/295

So, how much money you have in that bank account?

Hahah j/k man
305rwhp 322rwtq

For sale - GT500 H/E|GT500 Rails|GT500 Steering Wheel|Entire Car!|
S197GT07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 10:28 AM   #24
157dB
Cut & Paste Expert

Vehicle: 2007 Pony Package

The increase in HP by a TB spacer is negated by the
added weight of said spacer.
Now the lightening of the wallet might be fooling the ol butt dyno.
Originally Posted by chronos View Post
You and that darn manual! If you like it so much, maybe you should marry it!
157dB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 12:35 PM   #25
Diabolical!
5th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by 157dB View Post
The increase in HP by a TB spacer is negated by the
added weight of said spacer.
Now the lightening of the wallet might be fooling the ol butt dyno.
Haha. Years ago I did a very long and technical explanation of how removing money from the wallet effects the butt dyno because it causes the driver to roll further back into his seat upon acceleration.

Whipple-12psi 10 Rib Pulley Kit-McLeod RXT & Steel Flywheel-UPR Rod End LCAs, UCA, Spherical Bearing, Panhard Bar, K-member + Front Swaybar Delete-Metco LCA Relo Brackets-BMR Xtreme Anti Roll-Spydershaft-Race Star Wheels-MGW-PMP Line Locks-Stanghi O/R X-Odyssey 10 lb Battery-Moroso Separator-Eibach Front/CJ Rear Drag Springs-Strange Adjustable Shocks and Struts-MSD 2 Step-etc. 11.29@123 1.59 60'
DRAG RACE? ASK ME ABOUT MY UPR SUSPENSION.
Diabolical! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 02:57 PM   #26
lawrencecar1
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 07, Ford GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by S197GT07 View Post
Most likely a bit of wishful thinking. You made a mod to the car so you are going to want to feel the difference.

My bama 93 race tune felt amazing in comparison to stock. Threw her on the dyno and it made less power then stock. I just wanted it to be better, but it wasn't.
Not wishful thinking. The p&p tb and spacer i installed is a world of difference night and day. Maybe the spacer isnt doing anything but its on there and looks good.. : )
Roush M90 SC w/2.49 pulley, KB BAP, Roush CB, Hurst ss, FRPP cams, FRPP 62mm TB, Helo 20" wheels, FRPP 4.10's, BBK headers, Kicker/Shelby 8" subs, Cadence amps, Optima red top, full body kit, STB, JLT oil separators ps/ds, Cross drilled/slotted rotors, aluminum DS, Eibach struts,shocks, FRPP springs, Eibach sway bar kit, BMR panhard bar/brace, BMR LCA's, SS brake/clutch lines, GlowShift gauges, Shelby RSB/trans cooler, JLT brake cooling kit, Exedy stage 1 clutch/Flywheel
lawrencecar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 04:44 PM   #27
Nuke
6th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007 GT
Send a message via AIM to Nuke Send a message via Yahoo to Nuke Send a message via Skype™ to Nuke

The p&p TB is your sole gainer. I wouldn't recommend the spacer to anyone just because it looks good, period.
07 GT Prem: Alloy, MT, 3.55's, Steeda CAI w/Brenspeed tunes, FRPP Stingers, 275/40/18 Goodyear Eagle F1 A/S on SVT Cobras (OE GT500's), 14" shorty, Wheelskin side scoops & qtr window louvers, A-H rear window louvers, SHR honeycomb blackout panel, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
06 V6: Legend Lime, Pony Package, 14" shorty, Sequentials, Hella Optilux Extreme XY fogs, Silverstars
Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2012, 05:06 PM   #28
rebus
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006 GT Premium coupe

I added a beautiful black anodized 1/2" throttle body spacer at the same time I installed a Saleen series vi. No jest, I experienced a large horsepower and low end torque increase. My friend thinks it's the 8 lbs of forced air, however I'm not too sure that the spacer didn't have something to do with it.
Old 03-21-2014, 02:39 AM   #29
ninja920

Vehicle: 2005 Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuke View Post
Turn in your man card for even THINKING about buying a spacer.

The claims are all hype and totally false. But they make nice Chritmas tree ornaments except people will get drunk and laugh at you. However, you can grab it off the tree and bean them with it. That's about all the joy...
I guess it's the cool thing to say on mustang forums that throttle body spacers are a joke. Try one. You will see an increase in HWY MPG by at least two. Throttle response is much better as well. You like giving anyone **** for a simple question.
ninja920 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2014, 02:45 AM   #30
bakerjd
5th Gear Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninja920 View Post
I guess it's the cool thing to say on mustang forums that throttle body spacers are a joke. Try one. You will see an increase in HWY MPG by at least two. Throttle response is much better as well. You like giving anyone **** for a simple question.
Date and time of original post: 02-08-2012, 02:30 PM...I'm glad you think your paper weight has some type of value lol

Old 03-21-2014, 02:45 AM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
2012, 99, blue, body, gt, intake, mach, mustang, s197, sells, spacer, throttle, torque, trottle, website