Search

Go Back   MustangForums.com > Ford Mustang Tech > 2005 - 2014 Mustangs > GT S197 General Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?
Search

GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Welcome to Mustang Forums!
Welcome to Mustang Forums.

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community, at no cost, you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is free, fast and simple, so please join our community today!

Old 04-24-2012, 07:28 PM   #1
DylanFan
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2009 Ford Mustang GT
Default My first mods

Now that the warranty on my 2009 Grabber Orange GT is about to expire I have started adding mods to the car. Last week I added 18 inch staggered Matte Black Bulitt wheels and Sumitomo tires to my car. This week I ordered:

Ford Racing 4.10 gears and Bama Tuner
Ford Racing 85 mm Cold Air intake
Hurst Competition Plus shifter

I have a quote of $200 to install the gears from a local Mustang speed shop. Does that sound reasonable? What would be an average price to install the cold air intake and the tune?

Thanks
This ad is not displayed to registered or logged-in members.
Register your free account today and become a member on Mustang Forums!
Old 04-24-2012, 07:39 PM   #2
stephen1371
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 ford mustang gt

make sure they have done plenty of gear installs but now thats not a bad price at all
stephen1371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:06 PM   #3
outceltj
4th Gear Member

Vehicle: 2007, Mustang Gt

yea id say thats cheap for gears especially for a mustang shop. Like was said you need to make certain that this shop has done these gear swaps. They can cause u to lose sleep if u chose the wrong shop
Detroit Rocker Cams, 410's, Saleen Supercharger, afco dual heat exchanger, TCI torque convertor, stage 3 saleen supercharger, dual gt500 fuel pumps, SS Brake Lines, and Power Slot rotors, LCAS, Koni Adjustables, alpine touch screen, PA deep tranny pan, fluidyne radiator, dynotech DS

B302 added3/31/14
11.216 at 123.42MPH
60ft-1.558
Stroked & Blown
outceltj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:26 PM   #4
dbirdrm
1st Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 gt/cs

Jdm in freehold nj which is a very reputable shop is charging me $620 for install and fliuds not including gears. 200 sounds like a steal. Cai and tune you can do yourself
dbirdrm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:35 PM   #5
Rylay
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2006,Ford,Mustang GT
RYLAY

Don't pay someone to put on CAIs and a retune if you have both!!! You can work a screwdriver, right?

And 200 bucks is almost too cheap but if it's a specialty shop I wouldnt worry about it.
Rylay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2012, 09:54 PM   #6
hwm3
3rd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2012 GT Premium

$200 is really cheap. Scary cheap.
Old 04-24-2012, 09:59 PM   #7
russellthelovemuscle
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2000 mustang gt

i wouldn't call $200 scary cheap for changing out your ring and pinion gear but its deffinitly a good deal. my buddy got his done $500 out the door including parts and thats about standard. anything more is a rip off and i've been quoted up to $800 just for the install. i would see if they offer a warenty on there work.
russellthelovemuscle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:44 PM   #8
llooggaann

Vehicle: 1996 Mustang GT
Logan Bray Omg logan

Does anyone else have thoughts on the bama tuner? i plan to get one too, I don't know a lot about them though. Is it worth the price for one? can you tell a difference?
llooggaann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 03:54 PM   #9
stephen1371
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 2008 ford mustang gt

the tune is and the gears are, what you will feel the most, i run a bama tune and have had no issues with it at all
stephen1371 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:18 PM   #10
lawrencecar1
2nd Gear Member

Vehicle: 07, Ford GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by llooggaann View Post
Does anyone else have thoughts on the bama tuner? i plan to get one too, I don't know a lot about them though. Is it worth the price for one? can you tell a difference?
absolutely.. match with a cai and your good for 30 hp and a great low end torque with race or performance tune
Roush M90 SC w/2.49 pulley, KB BAP, Roush CB, Hurst ss, FRPP cams, FRPP 62mm TB, Helo 20" wheels, FRPP 4.10's, BBK headers, Kicker/Shelby 8" subs, Cadence amps, Optima red top, full body kit, STB, JLT oil separators ps/ds, Cross drilled/slotted rotors, aluminum DS, Eibach struts,shocks, FRPP springs, Eibach sway bar kit, BMR panhard bar/brace, BMR LCA's, SS brake/clutch lines, GlowShift gauges, Shelby RSB/trans cooler, JLT brake cooling kit, Exedy stage 1 clutch/Flywheel
lawrencecar1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 04:18 PM
MustangForums
Ford Mustang

Paid Advertisement

Tags
0509, 2012, 2013, add, gt, mod, modification, mods, mustang, planned, put