Notices
GT S197 General Discussion This section is for technical discussions pertaining specifically to the V8 variation of the 2005 and newer Ford Mustang.

Shorty headers install

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 10:57 PM
slickman
5th Gear Member

Default Shorty headers install

Well, I have a friend that has a full size lift. It took 3 hours and lowering the K member to get the OEM manifolds out. He left for vacation so, the install of the new ones won't be till the week of the 11th. So the total job will be ablot 6 hours.

So, I originally got a used set of JBA from a member on this site. Well, after seeing a set of BoostBrothers shorties, I gave the JBA's to a friend. The BoostBrothers are NICE!! Welds are top notch and overall quality is second to NONE.. All Stainless steel and they improved in JBA design in some areas where things are a little too tight. You can tell allot of thought went into these headers for sure. Very happy, I'll be happier when they are done. The header flanges are 3/8 and are dead flat and fly cut. For the $160, these are a steal at that price. I can't stress enough how good the quality is, the best! The guy who is helping me said its some of the best TIG welding he has ever seen. Just look at the welds in the picture, clean, neat and the look perfect. The also cleanup the inner welds in the primary tubes at the flange for a smooth flow.

Nice Work!

Anyone looking into getting a set of these, don't hesitate, pull the trigger. You WONT be disappointed. These are made with mandrel bent 14 gauge stainless steel tubes and 1 5/8" primary tubes And no, I get no kickbacks. I would advise anyone who is thinking about shorty headers to get a set of these in a NY min..

Last edited by slickman; 06-02-2012 at 11:30 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 08:21 AM
mayo
4th Gear Member

Those will look nice on your beast bro, sux you gotta wait on the install
Found an interesting article on the shorty (bbk) with the 4.6 and will be curious to see if you have similar results.
While they do not improve hp #'s up top, they do wonders with torque/hp #'s in the lower to mid rpm ranges.
I signed up for the shorty myself (bbk) with my cam install later this month and would love to see 18lbs of torque at 3k
Old 06-03-2012, 09:55 AM
howarmat
s197 Junkie

Those do look pretty good quality to me too. Pretty good cost savings too!
Old 06-03-2012, 12:08 PM
SON OF 68
2nd Gear Member

Looks good Slick! That kinda sucks you have to wait now, but having that lift is a blessing in disguise, I assure you! You will absolutely notice a difference down low, I know I did. You probably already have a lot of help from that S/C though. Either way, you'll like it. Better sound too!!
Old 01-16-2013, 03:00 AM
juan-soria

i want to buy a boostbrothers shorty headers that i have seen in ebay ,but i don´t know if it fits very well ,i can´t see your photos ,have you got any problem in the instalation ??
thank you very much
Old 01-16-2013, 07:23 AM
S197GT07
5th Gear Member

I think he had to trim the motor mounts, but that was it.
Old 01-16-2013, 11:13 AM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

You guys using a lift are cheating man. You should be suffering like the rest of us did on our backs with jack stands!
Old 01-16-2013, 11:42 AM
jpplaw
3rd Gear Member

I used to have BBK ceramic coated shorties on mine. I didn't really notice any difference down low. They did fit great and sounded real good. I put Kooks on shortly after I added the blower.

All of it done on my back with jackstands in the driveway. LOL
Old 01-16-2013, 10:11 PM
808muscle
5th Gear Member

Originally Posted by jpplaw
I used to have BBK ceramic coated shorties on mine. I didn't really notice any difference down low. They did fit great and sounded real good. I put Kooks on shortly after I added the blower.

All of it done on my back with jackstands in the driveway. LOL

Like a man!!
Old 01-18-2013, 03:30 AM
juan-soria

have anyone some photos ,to see how the BB headers fits ??

Quick Reply: Shorty headers install